You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bryanbande
 Rep: 1 

Re: Prostitute

bryanbande wrote:

Most of you missed it again......
the guy who is left holding the bag, but who is the alpha male, and at the same time struggling to keep his head above water and does not understand what a normal life is.....but looks normal to a generation who may go into a grocery store and not know who he is, but again at the same time he is "axl freakin rose".......
it must be like being E.T. and phoneing home and no-one answers.....and you are stuck on planet earth. Most pretend not to care but 90% really do...because they need you....the other 10% do not know you but still know your songs...and do not recognize your face right away.......
getting in touch with normal-----ceyyyyyyy....that is what the song is about...not chicks, not fans.........humanity. Find that..... when life exceeds your dreams...."we cannot understand his walk!"-BRY

bryanbande
 Rep: 1 

bryanbande wrote:

Slash is a great guitarists!
He can play something special, and he will be special when he is not playing.........why? Because he is 33% greatness! As is Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, and forgive me...but yes even Richie Sambora if Jon would quit doing cheap shit. Slash needs AXl or Scott because they are emotion meets words meets chords. Slash is a great driver who needs a great car (for all of you nascar fans). But you can be the greatest driver in the world.....but no car........and the insiders will know how great you were....but history will not remember you.  Slash is amazing because of the strings he touches and how he touches them sound. But a great swimmer with no water in the pool, is sad and lonely......a fighter....a champion...with no challenger, the same. The water needs him but never knows it......the car needs him but never knows it.....the challenger also but will still shadow box...........Axl is as wonderful, as powerful, and as deep as all of these but just as inanimate. Axl is that irresistable force we all need.....Slash too! Axl is great without him......but even greater with....they have to work it out. If not ...Axl will out last...but will not out interest.....-BRY

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

any attempt at going all techno/digital would have been rejected by just about everybody.

You mean like the album currently on shelves?

If he wants to take risks, just go ahead and take them. He has nothing to lose at this point.

Absolutely agree. CD's disappointing numbers (in GN'R terms) showed that Axl can't sit on two horses at the same time with one butt. He has to decide between the old GN'R and his new music influences. He can't have both at the same time.
Most old fans don't consider this new line-up GN'R, so even if they bought CD, they won't buy the next record. It's not their music.  For the new generation GN'R is an old band and they'd run out of the world hearing songs like SOD, CITR or This I Love. It's not their music. Axl should risk more, since CD really turned out to be his Shaq at the free-throw line album.
Now either move on drastically into the zone of more agressive electronica or what he wants to experiment, and put out albums regularly, or call the old guys and go back to the blues-based hard-rock. But Yesterdays-type of songs don't work with Pitman. Nuff said.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
bryanbande wrote:

Most of you missed it again......
the guy who is left holding the bag, but who is the alpha male, and at the same time struggling to keep his head above water and does not understand what a normal life is.....but looks normal to a generation who may go into a grocery store and not know who he is, but again at the same time he is "axl freakin rose".......
it must be like being E.T. and phoneing home and no-one answers.....and you are stuck on planet earth. Most pretend not to care but 90% really do...because they need you....the other 10% do not know you but still know your songs...and do not recognize your face right away.......
getting in touch with normal-----ceyyyyyyy....that is what the song is about...not chicks, not fans.........humanity. Find that..... when life exceeds your dreams...."we cannot understand his walk!"-BRY

What the hell were you smoking when you listened to it? Time to lay off the weed man.

Or at least, take me to your dealer 21

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

great song, lyrics in the song are amazing and how the song grows, loving the heavier part in the song. a fav of mine on the album

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bryan your enthusiam is nice. Karma.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

any attempt at going all techno/digital would have been rejected by just about everybody.

You mean like the album currently on shelves?

If he wants to take risks, just go ahead and take them. He has nothing to lose at this point.

Hell, just come back with Brain, Bucket, Bootsy on bass and front Praxis. Let Bucket whip out some really crazy shit like circuit-bending and we'll have something interesting.

Sky Dog wrote:

The whole album is about broken relationships....with fans, former bandmembers, and women. This song is no different and is probably about all three. I do think it is a perfect closer for the album.

AtariLegend wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame
When you should have turned to the hearts of the ones that you could not save

Reunion...

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Though I doubt the song is about the fans, or self-referential regarding Chinese Democracy, I cannot make a good interpretation of:

"When you should have turned to the hearts of the ones that you could not save"

'ones that you could not save' is repeated, but I cannot figure out what that means.

Board footer