You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Brain To Tour w/ GNR In Summer?

misterID wrote:

Are we sure its just a six month deal with Best Buy?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The mail is prolly real, the Facebook thing I doubt.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Axlin08, can you just stop? You're ruining this thread/forum with the constant "Axl needs Slash" bullshit.

Back on topic, I'm so excited for a tour. Hope they hit the US with some warm-up shows before going to Europe or South America.

It's not constant. You're a liar. roll

Be excited for a tour that's not happening. 22

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

And this place continues to depress me more and more every day.

If you need me, I'll be at HTGTH.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

How about you discuss the latest Classic Rock issue over there with Alan Niven's cover story regarding the GN'R name.  See how long that thread lasts there.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Fine. Bug off.

We'll be here when you return, and you will.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

I don't go there anymore(not even as a lurker), so I guess I'll see ya the next time a song leaks that you want to discuss or articles are published that aren't on the 'allowed list'.

In other words, I'll see ya soon.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Um back to the topic at hand, I think Axl could have gained legitimacy for the 2001 version of the band if let's say he gave an interview--say in 2000--explaining Buckethead's arrival and how he is different from Slash.  For example, he could have gave this answer:

Unfortunately Slash left the band but we think that Buckethead will add a different dimension to the music we are creating.  He will not replace Slash as Slash's legacy will remain in his accomplishments with the old band.  Buckethead has a diverse musical style that is all his own and distinct.  He is a central component of what we are trying to do.  For our fans we provide these samples of Buckethead for them to judge and enjoy for themselves. (link to mp3s of Buckethead demos with GNR or solo work)

Something like this would have helped the casual fans realize that this was not just the Axl Rose solo project but an actual functioning band.  It would have taken some of the weight and pressure off Axl's shoulders as well.  It would have also prepped the fans for the different sound and look of the band in 2002 when they went on the VMA's and the subsequent tour.

Now, flash forward to the current times, GNR will not be doing a major tour in the US.  It is just not economically feasible for tour promoters in this current economical climate.  Tour promoters want a sure thing, which means a proven product.  Roth fronted VH, AC/DC, Metallica, and U2 all fall into this category.  Only a reunited GNR would attract any major dollars in the current climate.  Let's call this the familiarity factor.  I could foresee a few new GNR shows in Europe though as they seem to be more open to the new Gunz as opposed to the US.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bucket's presence is still felt. He's all over the record. If Axl still wants to try and cement that line up as GNR, he still can. Obviously it will be a more uphill battle since its so many years later.

When Chinese Democracy gets its second push, he needs a solid line up in place that isn't going away, and people like Stinson, Bucket, and Pitman need to make the rounds to various media outlets.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bucket's presence is still felt. He's all over the record. If Axl still wants to try and cement that line up as GNR, he still can. Obviously it will be a more uphill battle since its so many years later.

I don't feel his presence all over the album and it's the most disappointing thing for me. It's even worse than the awful 80s synth sounds. I thought BH would be playing a major role on CD. In fact he's doing some amazing solos and that's it. I don't hear anything like Watching The Boats With My Dadd. Unfortunately BH is a glorified 'added guest musician' on the album, although his parts are mostly great.

Board footer