You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Talk...... Ofcourse We Want More

I have been thinking about Baz talking about some songs on CD.

Now this really has gotten a good response, take away the people who are frustrated about the volume in which he does talk about it but he is talking about it.

This isn't a bad thing, nothing negative is being said about what what Baz is saying, I wonder if Axl can see how for lack of a better word, harmless, talking about CD is.   We enjoy it and are willing to read it and listen, I wonder if that will influence him to free up the reigns a bit.

Ofcourse Axl has his reasons for not talking or the band talking about it but I wonder if this is a forshadowing of the future and that we will hear more soon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah and its interesting that Axl hasn't told him to shut up.

That recent thing posted seems to imply axl didnt like what was said when it was condensed into 3 lines, but thats not out of character for him as he has always got annoyed at the press changing what he says himself and printing lies, starting controversy...whopps getting lost there....lol...anyway...

So yeah i think its quite possible we really will get a release in a while...

Maybe not even so much a release but more talk about it from the GNR camp.

Baz talking about it is great, I am hoping that Axl sees that it's a topic that even if it's not being released this year, talking about it would really help the fact that it's still not released because it would be giving in on something regarding CD from them rather then absolutely nothing.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Remember ten years back?

Moby had done very brief feel-out period with the band, and every rock journalist on the planet wanted to know what was exactly going on. Moby gave a dozen different statements about how nice Axl was and how they were taking steps updating the traditional GNR sound in an exciting new way. In late '99, Axl finally delivered a message through Rolling Stone: 'I appreciate all the publicity [Moby]'s been getting us, but shut up already!''

If Moby's train of thought would've been correct, he would've been doing GNR a pretty big favor, as the album could've come out in late '99/early '00. But when Axl started telling people to shut up, it was pretty obvious the album wasn't going to come around anytime soon. Now Baz is doing the Moby thing times 1,000. That's partly because Axl's on his record, so the namedrops aren't completely gratuitous. Yet unlike  Moby, Baz has heard a product that's been taken a pretty long way.

I'd say Axl's readying himself for a release. He shouldn't talk in public about it before Universal has a release date out (and preferrably a single in rotation), but Baz is a pretty safe way to test the waters. His enthusiasm is certainly good news, as we could all ask Axl why should we give a crap about the album, when you oftentimes don't seem to do so either.

I think you very well could be right sic.  He could be readying himself ofcourse we can't be to optimistic.

I think if we ever see him and Baz do an interview together and he starts mentioning anything about CD, I'd say we are getting closer.    I do wonder what the rest of this year will bring now that Baz's album is set for release next week ofcourse again there could be absolutely nothing and we are headed for another silent period.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

wow, it's amzing you guys could keep talking about release dates and singles in rotation...you're all dillusional!!

I have no reason to think that is coming anytime soon...do you?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I honestly don't think there's very much publicity behind Axl being on this album. I bet 99% of the people don't know he's appearing on new material. Heck, I bet 99% of music fans don't know he's on new material. Outside of forum reading GnR fans, and Bach/metal fans, it's not common knowledge. The songs aren't going to get much radio play, none around here. Maybe on Sirius & XM metal stations it'll find rotation.

PaSnow wrote:

I honestly don't think there's very much publicity behind Axl being on this album. I bet 99% of the people don't know he's appearing on new material. Heck, I bet 99% of music fans don't know he's on new material. Outside of forum reading GnR fans, and Bach/metal fans, it's not common knowledge. The songs aren't going to get much radio play, none around here. Maybe on Sirius & XM metal stations it'll find rotation.

How could you say there isn't much publicity, Baz has been talking to most every magazine, radio station, web  news sites,  bascially anyone he does an interview with, it's all over the place that Axl is on this album and now it will be in all the reviews.  I'd say Axl is getting a ton of publicity from this.

Radio play will happen more I'd say when the album actually comes out but even with if that lacks, he is mentioned everywhere this album has been mentioned.   So much so people are getting tired of Baz mentioning Axl every time.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

How could you say there isn't much publicity, Baz has been talking to most every magazine, radio station, web  news sites,  bascially anyone he does an interview with, it's all over the place that Axl is on this album and now it will be in all the reviews.  I'd say Axl is getting a ton of publicity from this.

Radio play will happen more I'd say when the album actually comes out but even with if that lacks, he is mentioned everywhere this album has been mentioned.   So much so people are getting tired of Baz mentioning Axl every time.

Most music fans nowadays probably would just skip over an article or website link with Sebastian Bach. I don't know how many interviews he's done with RS or Blender etc, but sure people who read Blabbermouth etc might see it. But realistically, the album isn't going to get alot of attention. We'll see if it's even in the Target & Best Buy Sunday circulars.

I work in an office of just over 30 people, most are between 25-40, very few over 50. Add in 10-20 of my freinds, that's 50 people of this age group. If I asked every one of them if they heard about the Axl Rose news, I guarantee you none of them have heard about it. As a comparison, when the RHCP & PJ came out with albums a few years ago, probably well over 50% heard about them, including those over 40 (I remember talking with some about it), and a few bought them. Some people even were looking forward to Army of Anyone.

Again as I said, people who read Metal messege boards, GnR boards etc have heard about it, but that's a very limited audience. Even of those, only a percentage of that are interested or will buy it.

PaSnow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Most music fans nowadays probably would just skip over an article or website link with Sebastian Bach. I don't know how many interviews he's done with RS or Blender etc, but sure people who read Blabbermouth etc might see it. But realistically, the album isn't going to get alot of attention. We'll see if it's even in the Target & Best Buy Sunday circulars.

I work in an office of just over 30 people, most are between 25-40, very few over 50. Add in 10-20 of my freinds, that's 50 people of this age group. If I asked every one of them if they heard about the Axl Rose news, I guarantee you none of them have heard about it. As a comparison, when the RHCP & PJ came out with albums a few years ago, probably well over 50% heard about them, including those over 40 (I remember talking with some about it), and a few bought them. Some people even were looking forward to Army of Anyone.

Again as I said, people who read Metal messege boards, GnR boards etc have heard about it, but that's a very limited audience. Even of those, only a percentage of that are interested or will buy it.

Okay I see what you mean.   Well, maybe, hopefully this will reach out a bit to the people outside of this world.

Board footer