You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Smoking Guns wrote:

If CD is what the future of GNR is, I am not "excited".  VR has a shot at clean start, depending on the singer....  So I am excited at the possible potential!

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That was the problem for me too. I like CD, and I like the new band. I'm ok with this being GNR. I can accept that axl and slash have problems on personal and business levels and won't reunite. When I get pissy is when people start to knock the accomplishments of the old band. The old records are classics and should be respected as such, along with everyone who contributed to them. The new band, and or its fans/mods, does not need to improve its reputation by insulting the old band, I think the new music is good enough to be recgonised for its own merrit.

Agreed, I'm a GNR fan in every sense of the word.  From AFD to the present day.  I like and respect every lineup there's ever been.  To me, that just seems like common sense.  But you're right, there are people who diminish what the old band did.  However, there's also a larger amount who really don't give the new lineup a fair shake.  That MAY be part of the reason for those who choose to lash out at Slash and co.  I always found it strange how some people felt like they had to choose a side.  Like this was some sort of divorce or something.  Like people can't support BOTH VR and GNR.  That never made sense to me.  It's not like any of us know Axl or Slash personally so I don't think we're hurting their feelings if we still support them both.  In fact, I believe both have wished each other well over the years, although there's not many good words being spoken recently.

I don't know, just feels like the GNR fan community is divided and probably always will be.  Therefore there'll always be people who bash the old and the new.  Like Rodney King said, "can't we all just get along?"

Yeah. I don't know why more fans don't like OldGNR, NuGNR & VR. I'm just glad I'm one of those that loves all three.:mosh:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think it's truely remarkable in a good way, that someone likes all three, because the music is quite different. I love old GN'R and new GN'R, so i'm 2/3 of the way there. A good new singer, might turn me around on VR, but Weiland ain't gonna do it. Never was an STP fan.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think it's truely remarkable in a good way, that someone likes all three, because the music is quite different. I love old GN'R and new GN'R, so i'm 2/3 of the way there. A good new singer, might turn me around on VR, but Weiland ain't gonna do it. Never was an STP fan.

I don't think it's 'remarkable' to like like all 3 bands.  I do, though not equally by any means.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

More songs on this level with a more rocking singer will more than make me interested in VR.  I love this kind of balls out rock that VR IS capable of.  This is what is missing in current GNR. 

Sky Dog wrote:

Smokin, all I can say is wow....that was simply awful. :haha:I forgot how much Kushner sucks....how stiff Sorum is as a drummer (and he looks like a gay cabellero on top of that) and how really redneck velveeta cheese that Slither main riff is. Truly brutal.....but thanks for posting because you reminded me of the fact that a reunion is never going to happen and I 'm glad! I am just going to be like you and D and Buzz. Just say what I honestly feel.:thumbup:

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slither is better than any of CD's uninspired and tired rockers. Guess it's time to be honest.

Sky Dog wrote:

QUID PRO QUO...

There's no need for this.

I mean, come on...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

Smokin, all I can say is wow....that was simply awful. :haha:I forgot how much Kushner sucks....how stiff Sorum is as a drummer (and he looks like a gay cabellero on top of that) and how really redneck velveeta cheese that Slither main riff is. Truly brutal.....but thanks for posting because you reminded me of the fact that a reunion is never going to happen and I 'm glad! I am just going to be like you and D and Buzz. Just say what I honestly feel.:thumbup:

Ha, I mainly was referring to the ballsyness of the tune.  I like Slither, its not Paradise, but with the exception of maybe better, nothing on CD comes close to rockin like that.  Kushner is a great role player.  And you know I like a several songs off CD, If The World is my favorite.

Board footer