You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

war wrote:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Fuck all of you that think you have to be 100% behind CD to be interested in Axl or Guns N' Roses.  It's you guys that need to wake up to reality, not the rest of us.

That's a tad harsh.

Bri does raise some valid points. Not about YOU specifically, but regarding all these fan communities. However, its always been like this. You have the various 'factions' at each others throats. There's even factions within factions. The main difference now is the album is out. To make matters even worse in that regard, pipe dreams are being destroyed. The album didn't do much damage in relation to pop culture like had been predicted for years, and a reunion isn't on the horizon either.

So basically these sites went from one state of flux to another, destination unknown. I can see why activity is down at all these sites. It's mainly just the hardcore of hardcores hanging in at this point.

It's like its not even about the music anymore, and I'm not even sure if it ever was during this Chinese Democracy era. Most seemed to be more interested in the making of it and all the bullshit not just behind the scenes, but the past as well.

Chinese Democracy is on shelves
Slash is doing a solo album
Duff has his hands full with Loaded
Izzy will probably release something
Buckethead releases a new album every five minutes

So why isn't anyone happy? 14

In reality, this is the most productive that current and ex members have ever been since the old band's implosion.

i think things will mellow out sooner than later.

we never really knew what was gonna happen with cd's release.

a lot people lost interest in gnr along the way but a portion of the ones that stuck around were expecting something different and are disspointed in the way things turned out while a small "faction within that faction" continue to stick around in hopes that this is just a chapter to the story.

now that the saga is finally over, a reunion is clearly not happening, and a second album seems poised to be released in less than a decade people now know what gnr is and they will begin to get used to it or move on and hopefully a few new fans will drop in and replace anyone that does leave.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think it is pathetic that fans want the old band back together and will beat that drum all the time at a web site devoted to the new version of the band. I think it's very pathetic, and nothing anyone says will change my mind of that. I do not want BH back in the band, I'm very clear on that. He's better solo. I heard him on CD, and it wasn't the Bucket I know and love, but do you see my pining for his return. No. Some, maybe. But that's for them.

I could give two shits about how much a reunion album would sell. I want to see the band evolve. If that means, it's just Axl and a computer, so be it. Let's hear it. Bucket plays with just himself and an iPod all the time and it owns.

Axl tries to slam the door shut on a reunion whenever he "talks" publicly, but some are too thickheaded to take it in. He's trying to tell us all something, but we don't listen. Or we don't choose to listen. Go on and keep preaching how old GNR was better, how this would be so much better with Slash, how GNR will never be as successful as it once was. You know what? You're mostly right.

The difference is, I chose to move on. Others cannot, will not or simply do not want to. Good for you. Like I said. I think it's pathetic they hang out here for the sole purpose of denigrating Axl and this band. It's like a badge of honor to hate Axl and GNR, it's a badge of honor to only like two songs on the album, it's a badge of honor to think CD sucks.

Hooray for you. You've made it effectively impossible to have a positive conversation about GNR. Not just here, I understand that James, but everywhere. You guys have made a difference.

It certainly says something about GNR "fans" that the best conversation I can have about CD is over at buckethead.tk, a place that HATES, absolutely HATES, Axl and GNR. But guess what? They talk about the music. About the present. Not about the past. And that's fucking refreshing.

Great post! 

I think it's an unwritten rule that every thread about the new incarnation of the band, someone will mention Slash at some point in time.  And there's a good chance it will turn into the old Axl vs. Slash debate. 

It certainly says something when you can have better discussions about Chinese Democracy at non-GNR sites.  I'm a member of a STP site and I've had better discussions about it there.  But over there they are a little anti-Axl at times, but the majority of the people discussed the music. 

I am not ashamed to say I enjoy all of Chinese Democracy.  There are some songs I like considerably less than others, but there aren't any songs that I hate. 

It's nice to see Axl talk about this publicly. I love how he actually talks negatively about Billboard and Rueters as well.:haha:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'm in full acceptance that some people are always gonna prefer the old band.  I'm well aware of that.  Everyone has the right to voice their opinions, no one's trying to stop you from doing so.  We may not see eye to eye, EVER, but to each his own.  Sure the band is evolving, I just don't see it evolving back to the AFD days/sound.  I guess you can stick around and wait for that if you'd like. 

I used to be a BIG Pearl Jam fan.  They were my 2nd favorite band back in the day, and nearly surpassed GNR in the mid 90's when GNR was entering their dormant stage.  But with each Pearl Jam album the quality lessened for me.  I stuck with them through Binaural but only liked a couple songs on their last few albums so I gave up being a dedicated fan then.  But I don't feel the need to go on to Pearl Jam fansites and tell everyone how much their music has gone downhill over the years and how they should revert back to "Ten", "Vitalogy", and "Verses". 

I went to see them in concert last year for the first time and they were AWESOME!  I fully recommend and hope they come back around sometime soon.  I'll be there.

I was in the same boat with PJ - I saw them very early in their career and they were awesome.  The albums weakened over time for sure.

I don't think the band will ever sound like AFD again, but then again, I prefer UYI to AFD.  I think CD sounds like a thrown together mess.  Some of the songs might be ok, but not in the format they were released.  I don't listen to better (the CD version), I listen to one of the leaks.  Axl has always had talent, he just needs someone strong enough to stop him from out thinking himself.  If he can ever return to "simpler" songs like Estranged, I'll probably dig his music again.  If everything is going to be clutter central, you're right, I will probably never like this version of GnR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm not sure but did anyone catch the reply someone made who called themselves "Jarmo".. Pretty funny as an inside joke, one repyer didn't get it. Anyway they wrote:

/Jarmo 
Jarmo says:Today, 9:36:25 AM“
Axl, stop holding a grudge and reunite with Slash. You are only screwing yourself. 

/Jarmo

I hate that kind of shit. I have had a few impersonators over the years(especially on youtube where I've never posted, and also as comments on various sites like RS), and its not fun when that shit is happening to you.

I guess it should be a form of flattery though. 16

I'm happy James. I got a new GNR CD and a now ANOTHER new Bucket CD. Slaughterhouse, here I come.

Rye Rye's album comes out next month, M.I.A. is putting the finishing touches on her record, U2 is on the horizon, and I may be getting tickets to the Roxy Chicken Jam to see Santogold next month.

I'm happy as well. 16

As far as Bucket goes, looks like I'm gonna have to blind buy that new one. I was hoping it would hit the torrents so I could sample it, but no such luck yet. Always thought it was strange how his fans pick and choose which albums to upload.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, it's on YouTube already.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I thought this was a very fair interview.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I still think we will get a reunion

He went from never, to now working with Izzy and Duff

U get Izzy and Duff talking in his ear, and u just never fucking know.

I think Axl could get a long with TODAY's sober, more mature, grown up Slash

Sure 10 years ago was difficult, but it seems everyone has grown up and moved on except Axl.

Duff is in phenomenal shape, college degree, family, writer
Slash is healthy, playing on successful projects and seems just in a better place

Axl though, still seems bitter,angry and just no different like he hasn't evolved any.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

[ Yes, I only like 2 songs and yes, I think CD sucks.  That's current, that's all about the music.  According to you, I should move on and not post on a website dedicated to my favorite band.  That's not going to happen and if that makes me pathetic in your mind, so be it.  I'd prefer being pathetic and true to what I love than to be playing an Axl apologist on a website dedicated to a band and not to a person.

I agree mostly, although I like more than 2 songs off the album.

Anyway, I'm a huge Tori Amos fan, yet I think her last 3 albums are weak, compared to the old material. I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan, yet I think CD isn't a masterpiece and the sales are disappointing. Although I'm a huge GN'R fans I've lost all my respect for my old hero, Axl in the last couple of years, and it even effects my respect for him as an artist. I'm still a huge GN'R fan, just because I can't listen 3/4 of TSI or the half of CD.

As there it seems, nothing will come from Axl in the next months. Years. I don't expect him to do anything at all in the future. If he does, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine, too. I don't want a reunion for years. But I still feel sorry for Axl ruining his career and a great band. In fact, he ruined a great band, then later built up a good one and ruined that, too. Kinda sad. At least he gave me a chance to discover BH's music. I'm not a HC BH fan, but I like it. I hope the ohers will realize that the full reunion ship has sailed and it shouldn't detain them for a 4/5 reunion anymore. Anyway, move on everybody.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I still think we will get a reunion

He went from never, to now working with Izzy and Duff

U get Izzy and Duff talking in his ear, and u just never fucking know.

I think Axl could get a long with TODAY's sober, more mature, grown up Slash

Sure 10 years ago was difficult, but it seems everyone has grown up and moved on except Axl.

Duff is in phenomenal shape, college degree, family, writer
Slash is healthy, playing on successful projects and seems just in a better place

Axl though, still seems bitter,angry and just no different like he hasn't evolved any.

He was presumably the only clean/sober one in the band back then. I think that makes it harder for him to get over their differences. He also apparently has a case of OCD. Anyone who takes 15 years to put an album out has some mental problems.

Board footer