You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Mikkamakka wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I still think we will get a reunion

He went from never, to now working with Izzy and Duff

U get Izzy and Duff talking in his ear, and u just never fucking know.

I think Axl could get a long with TODAY's sober, more mature, grown up Slash

Sure 10 years ago was difficult, but it seems everyone has grown up and moved on except Axl.

Duff is in phenomenal shape, college degree, family, writer
Slash is healthy, playing on successful projects and seems just in a better place

Axl though, still seems bitter,angry and just no different like he hasn't evolved any.

That's why the others shouldn't reunite with him. It's his dream that the reuinon is in his hands. It's not. Slash, Duff and Izzy will not reunite with the same old Axl, as he hasn't grown up. Recently they had enough of Scott Weiland's antics, too.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I still think we will get a reunion

He went from never, to now working with Izzy and Duff

U get Izzy and Duff talking in his ear, and u just never fucking know.

I think Axl could get a long with TODAY's sober, more mature, grown up Slash

Sure 10 years ago was difficult, but it seems everyone has grown up and moved on except Axl.

Duff is in phenomenal shape, college degree, family, writer
Slash is healthy, playing on successful projects and seems just in a better place

Axl though, still seems bitter,angry and just no different like he hasn't evolved any.

Axl is clearly still bitter, and regardless what happend between the pair of them, unless its murdering a loved one its time to move on ffs..
As for Duff, im not sure if thats just being polite. Not having anything against Duff is one thing, working with him again is a whole other story.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If I didn't know it was Axl I'd have thought I was looking at a statement from Julius Caesar or the like, vindicating himself from his enemies. Claiming auctoritas, birthright and what not to justify his actions. That might be appropriate when your dealing in republics and empires, but as our always wise Mr. Stradlin' says:

And this guy, he's not a Harvard graduate, Axl. He's just a guy, just a little guy, who sings, is talented.

Then we have Slash, running around acting all self righteous, always reminding people how real he is and that he never cut his hair. This from a guy that was shooting junk and downing Jamesons right up to a few years ago, if not still. Who the fuck is he kidding?

These guys just need to get over themselves. Izzy, Duff, Matt and Steven, they get it. They're not having peace talks in the Middle East or signing SALT treaties. It's just a band. Couple of guys making music, for very generous fees. There's no need for all this drama.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cool stuff....i wish we;d get more thing like this

anyway to recap

no tour plans
better video still isnt ready
no reunion ever
no plans on followup for CD yet

its gonna be an exciting year 16

That pretty much sums it all up. 2009 here we come, lol. Looks alot like 1994.

This was another intriguing interview. To my shock, Axl absolutely raped Interscope. I'm almost thinking he's trying to take his business elsewhere... whatever that is.

Oh and Axl & Slash ain't ever gonna happen. Comments like "I wouldn't wish working with Slash on my worst enemy" coupled with the most recent comment, "one of the two of us is gonna die before a reunion".

WOW 14

So no - 21 / no - bucket

I'm oh so excited. j/k 13

CD on RB2 sound bitchin' tho... 9

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Glad he finally FINALLY made it clear that the reunion is a pipe dream. I've always hated fighting to show that chances were it was never going to happen.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think it is pathetic that fans want the old band back together and will beat that drum all the time at a web site devoted to the new version of the band. I think it's very pathetic, and nothing anyone says will change my mind of that. I do not want BH back in the band, I'm very clear on that. He's better solo. I heard him on CD, and it wasn't the Bucket I know and love, but do you see my pining for his return. No. Some, maybe. But that's for them.

I could give two shits about how much a reunion album would sell. I want to see the band evolve. If that means, it's just Axl and a computer, so be it. Let's hear it. Bucket plays with just himself and an iPod all the time and it owns.

Axl tries to slam the door shut on a reunion whenever he "talks" publicly, but some are too thickheaded to take it in. He's trying to tell us all something, but we don't listen. Or we don't choose to listen. Go on and keep preaching how old GNR was better, how this would be so much better with Slash, how GNR will never be as successful as it once was. You know what? You're mostly right.

The difference is, I chose to move on. Others cannot, will not or simply do not want to. Good for you. Like I said. I think it's pathetic they hang out here for the sole purpose of denigrating Axl and this band. It's like a badge of honor to hate Axl and GNR, it's a badge of honor to only like two songs on the album, it's a badge of honor to think CD sucks.

Hooray for you. You've made it effectively impossible to have a positive conversation about GNR. Not just here, I understand that James, but everywhere. You guys have made a difference.

It certainly says something about GNR "fans" that the best conversation I can have about CD is over at buckethead.tk, a place that HATES, absolutely HATES, Axl and GNR. But guess what? They talk about the music. About the present. Not about the past. And that's fucking refreshing.

karma for this! 5

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Why is Axl so bitter towards only Slash though?

What did Slash do so bad that the others haven't?

Izzy talked just as much shit about Axl in that Classic Rock interview.

One could presume that Axl may be jealous of Slash.

I think Axl thought that Slash would fall off the face of the earth without Guns N Roses and Axl was insecure and thought he HAD to have the GNR name.

Slash without Axl is a global icon, well liked, respected by his peers and formed a brand new band and went double platinum and won a grammy while CD has been a bomb and Axl is one of the most hated musicians of all time.

What else could it be?

I like how people try to demonize Slash for wanting to "Take Over The Band" but its perfectly ok for Axl to take it over?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, I'd much rather have an Axl GNR than a Slash GNR hmm

I think the rift goes much deeper than any of us can speculate on. And it seems to have started pretty much before the UYI albums happened. Going on what they both say it probably started when Axl banned heroin use in the band.

One thing: remember the Korn party where Axl said, "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was...That was about the same time (okay, exactly the same time) that Slash showed up at his house. And I really believe that Slash was trying to get back into GNR and saw the above has his way in. This comment has always befuddled me.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Glad he finally FINALLY made it clear that the reunion is a pipe dream. I've always hated fighting to show that chances were it was never going to happen.

To be fair, he only really said no reunion with Slash. 16

On the topic of ex GNR members, I would LOVE to hear him and Izzy team up again.  9

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, I'd much rather have an Axl GNR than a Slash GNR hmm
I think the rift goes much deeper than any of us can speculate on. And it seems to have started pretty much before the UYI albums happened. Going on what they both say it probably started when Axl banned heroin use in the band.

One thing: remember the Korn party where Axl said, "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was...That was about the same time (okay, exactly the same time) that Slash showed up at his house. And I really believe that Slash was trying to get back into GNR and saw the above has his way in. This comment has always befuddled me.

We have a slah GNR. It's called Velvet Revolver 14

and yah that is kinda weird. I always thought Slash wanted back in cause he probably knew Scott would be a bad choice.

Board footer