You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Street of Dreams to be 3rd Single?

tejastech08 wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The 2006 leak that I downloaded had Bucket's solo in there.

There were two versions.

Both versions had the solo, but the first one had the part with the tapping and the killswitch edited out.

Was the edited one quite a bit shorter? I seem to remember coming across a batch of TWAT downloads after months of listening to the one I originally downloaded. The batch included a shorter version as well as an instrumental-only version. And then of course there was the '07 leak that added the Pitman chorus at the end (which was in the final version).

tejastech08 wrote:

Was the edited one quite a bit shorter?

Yes, it was.

A few days later the "real" version leaked together with an instrumental.

This was in February of 2006.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

If SOD is going to be the 3rd singe (are any radio stations even takin any notice of GNR singles?)  then I hope it has TWAT as the B-side at least.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

TWAT should be the third single, song-wise, but the length i'm sure is an issue.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

TWAT should be the third single, song-wise, but the length i'm sure is an issue.

yeah, which is why it`d be better off as B-side..  the general public need to hear it before they call C.D a pile of shit

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well the image of the supposed single shows sod and sod radio edit

the new metallica songs are really long and they havent had to chop them up for radio play

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

the most logical choice for a cross over hit single at this point I feel

just needs some decent promotion and I could see it being very popular. However, I feel the vocals at the start are too rough - everyone Ive played that song for has kind of screwed their face up during those parts - rough as guts, needs to be EQ'd or redone

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

yeah.. vocals are pretty shitty at the start..Like he cant decide wether to sing ISE or Nightrain

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I have to say I fucking hate the start of Street of Dreams , that piano line is trite and the first line is just awful, but once it gets moving I am happy out.

I'd be thinking TWAT if I was Axl.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

TWAT would tank as a single. Street of Dreams isn't going to do that much better either. Not because of the quality of music but because none of the songs off the album are single material and that is just fact.

Board footer