You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Street of Dreams to be 3rd Single?

mitchejw wrote:

Does anyone think If the World is a radio friendly option for a single?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

why do people keep saying certain songs won't do well as singles and using better doing poorly as the reason because it is the "catchiest song on the album"? i think some of us were wrong about better but still can't see that. as psychotic gnr fans we need to consider that what we like is different from what the genral public likes. better and cd are too "heavy" to be played on the majority of radio stations out there. street of dreams isn't. sod could surprise us.

i think itw would do well, yes but after any splash is made (if that ever happens) with another single or two.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think ITW would be a better option than TWAT to be honest. Not really a fan of the song but I think it would do quite well on radio yes.

ITW or Scraped are potentially hits imo. A really kickass video for Scraped could really sell that song.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think trying to capture the hearts of GN'R and rock fans with releasing a single that sounds kinda like old GNR is a non starter. Rock fans all know about Axl and Chinese Democracy and are either fans already or aint.

Releasing something like ITW or Scraped has a unique sound which might just appeal to other members of radios audience and bring in a new generation of fans.

At this point in time Axl should just fucking forget about the history of Guns N Roses and go out there and treat this album as a new beginning. Himself and the band should go out and push the thing and promote, tour, play one off shows - fucking do some work.
Fuck the past, consider yourself a newbie and go out and put in the effort to tell the world how good you are and how good your music is.
At the moment there are kids across the world with fire in their bellies determined to make it as musicians, determined to make their band as great as they possibly can, they eat sleep fuck and shit their band.

Axl and co have done nothing for their band and their album.

At the moment he just comes across as a surly old man who grudgingly released some music and is now in a huff because it didnt go his own way.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The only way one of these songs is gonna hit top 40 and become a hit is if a single is accompanied with some sort of killer remix and the remix itself is what takes off. Not sure which song would warrant such a treatment, but they should consider it at some point before the album gets buried.

If a video is truly being planned, Buckethead needs to come back pronto. Image is everything in this age, and he's unique enough to bring something to the table no one else can bring. He's very eccentric, and something he does in a video could cause some attention, and maybe even turn into a mild internet craze. There's a vid of Bucket playing where he's sitting there and while playing, he's banging himself against the wall. Also, one of his dances could really add something as well.

Even if he has no desire to return to the band full time, Axl should hire him for any videos during the CD era. Axl himself said it doesn't matter who is in the band, its who is on the album.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

All of the above.
And I agree ITW is just out there enough and not "dated" to be a hit.. since BH plays a killer piece of funk, why not have him in the video.
People slate BH for how he looks and acts, and it pisses me off.. Were these people not bullied at school for how they looked.. I sure was

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Were these people not bullied at school for how they looked.. I sure was

I knew it!!!!!!

j/k

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

why do people keep saying certain songs won't do well as singles and using better doing poorly as the reason because it is the "catchiest song on the album"? i think some of us were wrong about better but still can't see that. as psychotic gnr fans we need to consider that what we like is different from what the genral public likes. better and cd are too "heavy" to be played on the majority of radio stations out there. street of dreams isn't. sod could surprise us.

i think itw would do well, yes but after any splash is made (if that ever happens) with another single or two.

I never really got the extreme love "Better" received from the fanbase.  I think it's a good song, but I've always preferred "I.R.S.", which most fans seem to dislike to put it nicely.  I loved "Street of Dreams" since I first heard it.  I thought it had huge potential as a single.  Of course, that was 8 years ago.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

As much as I love TWAT, which is my favourite song off the album and my favourite song of 2008, I don't see the general public go crazy hering it. TWAT would have been an awesome single, if the album had been more successful, and GN'R would be all over the world. It's not the case, they have to find a song to kick-off the album. For the third time. TWAT is not that song.

I think they should risk - put out Scraped and promo the shit out of it. Even a remix could be good. Then watch what happens. If they finally gain some momentum, then put out either SOD or CITR (a shorter version) in the summer, and it'll do good then.
One of my main problems with the album is that Axl and the whole band left it alone. Maybe they thought the world would set in fire just because the finally managed to release something. They (not only Axl, once in a blue moon) should give interviews, make videos and play, play, play everywhere.

MrWonderful
 Rep: 2 

MrWonderful wrote:

Casual GNR fan checking in.

Anybody think the most famous baby on the planet might have been named after Axl Rose?  Tiger Woods named his new son Charlie Axel Rose.  I wonder if Tiger was/is a GNR fan.

I agree that TWAT is the best song on the album, but its a song that has to grow on you.  For me, half the songs on this album don't really get crackin' til after the 2min mark.  The piano playing on the intro of Street of Dreams, made it the only CD track that hooked me the first time I heard it...Skip through your AFD catalouge only listening to the first 3 seconds of each song,  even if you never listened to a single song you would have a good idea that you would like each song...Do the same thing with CD, and you will see why a generation of impatient people will never even give this music a chance....That being said, I like the way CD was put together....Its just not going to be as much of a commercial success.

I still really like CD and listen to some of it almost every day, but I am the only person I know in my circle (work, friends, randoms) that even knows GNR has a new album.  Haven't heard one song on the local radio (Richmond, VA).

Board footer