You are not logged in. Please register or login.

drewsmith
 Rep: 1 

Re: Followup album to Chinese Democracy...

drewsmith wrote:

Hi, first off im new to gnrevolution. I found this site on thursday the 12th and gotta say its very inpresove.

Okay now that thats over with, I have both heard and read about Sebastian Bach saying that democracy is the first of 3 or 4 albums. Does anyone know anything else about what could possible follow up to such a great GnR album. Also will Axl be able to produce this next album in the next 5 years or so? Anyway it goes ill be listing to democracy:P

thanks,

-drewsmith

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

First, welcome. Second, we're a bunch of realists here and don't sugarcoat anything. Frankly, I think very few of us believe another CD is coming soon. In his interviews, Axl says they are concentrating on CD.

As for what could follow-up CD. Anything. I hope he goes a more experimental direction, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.

Welcome again. Try not to let the negativists get you down.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Welcome to the forum. 5

If there's gonna be a followup, he needs to pull the trigger on it in a timely fashion. The days of fans 'waiting' years for this are over. When you take into account that time isn't this material's best friend, it would be best for him to unload it before it gets even more dated.

In a perfect world, Axl would unload the best of whats left on a bonus disc with a CD re-release, and then he can start from scratch with whatever current band he has.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well in Axl's Q&A's with the forums he said he always considered Chinese a double album and that he could see releasing another album next year around the same time (Nov 09').  Then in his latest Q&A with Billboard he said they were concentrating on Chinese and not future albums.  So yeah, who knows.  I would be shocked if we got a follow up in one years time though, they seem to be dragging their feet with this one as it is so if they ever get to promoting it and touring we could be in that mode for awhile.

drewsmith

drewsmith wrote:

thanks guys

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hey welcome drewsmith

if you check out the first post of this thread i've linked all the song titles that are as of yet unreleased...axl verified them in his online chats so that is all we know...there are enough song titles for a whole album though smile

http://www.gnrevolution.com/disc.php?id=3361

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sebastian Bach says alot of things related to GnR.. most turn out not to be very true. I'm sure there is enough material for several more releases, whether to expect them soon or not is a different story. I hope they will be released in a year or two. If not, it'll be a bad move for Axl's GnR imho.

Also welcome aboard 5

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I read on another forum an interview with Baz and he said Axl told him to "stop telling people he had 4 albums as it was more like 2."

Welcome dude. I believe we will see another album this year or next year 5

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sorry, I got it mixed up a bit:

"Quote
Q: Have you heard Guns N' Roses' album Chinese Democracy?
AI sing a song on it. It's one album that's incredible. I've heard many, many demos from Chinese Democracy. I haven't heard the album in a while though, not since January 2007. At that time Axl had about 40 songs going. All demos. We spent all night just cranking it.

I've been in touch with him, and he's got one album ready to go. When he played me all the stuff, it was all so good, I thought he had four albums. I said that in the press, and he texted me: "Dude, I don't have four albums. Quit saying that. You're fucking me up!" (Laughs.) Axl wanted me to tell the press he has one incredible album, and it's coming out."

http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=39167.0

drewsmith

drewsmith wrote:

Thanks for the link Neemo smile

Board footer