You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Re: New Guitarist for GNR?

Big Gun wrote:
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

edit: link was broken but is working now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The revolving door continues.....

In all fairness, this had to happen if there was gonna be a tour this year. NIN is moving full speed ahead, so the chances of Finck coming back were zero. The million dollar question at this point is.....who is he really replacing? Obviously Rihanna is healing from her wounds, but that tour will likely resume in a few weeks.

If Fortus has a long term commitment with Rihanna's tour, we may be getting a 2nd guitarist.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

This dude used to be in Hanson right?

Man here we go I can just see the jokes following this if he gets the gig.

That said watching the various youtube vids the kid can really play.  Maybe Axl is hoping to reel in the youth market a bit more by injecting some youth into the lineup.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, he is pretty good. And maybe he could bring along Silent Bob too. 16

I don't think Axl in company like people spillng the beans to the fans, though. Remember Bumblefoot?

James

James wrote:

If this kid is Finck's replacement and Fortus is gone, this is who I nominate to replace Fortus....

snuffleupagus.jpg

Just imagine the possibilities of a Snuffleupagus influenced GNR. The possibilities are endless.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Hmmm I don't know what sort of stage prescence Snuffy would have James.  Didn't people used to have a hard time seeing him on Sesame Street for many years?  16

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

I still think one of these guys should get the vacant guitar gig:

2w71jj5.jpg

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Who cares how old he is or what he looks like?  For goodness sake, we had a masked guitarist with a bucket on his head that could play so why not some kid who can grind the axe?

James

James wrote:
ereeper wrote:

Who cares how old he is or what he looks like?  For goodness sake, we had a masked guitarist with a bucket on his head that could play so why not some kid who can grind the axe?

If you think my Snuffleupagus  joke is bad, go check out the other sites where they are truly bitching about this kid.

Here's the main issue with bringing in someone new....

The hardcores are the ONLY people who give a shit about this band. Those hardcores are more interested in something resembling the line up that recorded the majority of the record to tour behind it. When you bring in every Tom, Dick, and Harry, it starts the cycle of 'this isn't GNR, its a bunch of no names, blah blah blah' that has dominated the new era since its existence. That will be showcased even more now that an actual record is out and the fans were expecting something else.

The Finck nutswingers are already threatening mutiny at all these sites, and others are saying if this kid joins, they are no longer supporting the band.

Each time someone new is brought in, the fan base dwindles even more. The hardcores have been loyal for years. It reaches a point where they don't even know what they are supporting anymore.

Board footer