You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Re: Disecting Chinese Democracy: Track 1 - Chinese Democracy

Paxcow wrote:

i love josh freese.

Buzzer Beater
 Rep: 3 

Bucket's solo to me is not only the highlight of that song, but one of the highlights of the entire album.  The Rio version is pretty lame compared to the final record version.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I always loved this track. I considered it one of the best songs in the discography, even back in 2001. While Ron did add a missing ingredient to the track, the final version was just a tad "half baked".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the best part for me in the whole track is the little 5 second guitar run right near the beginning ... i love that part

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

I wish the "bomb" going off at the end of the song wasn't there, it's kinda cheesy. I like the opening riff too! The chorus is raging with emotion and probably my favorite part.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I've always liked the song, but the Bumblefoot additions really do it for me. It adds a whole new depth to the song. It's amazing how those simple little additions make it go from a good track to a great track.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Neemo wrote:

also if you check out the 2002 concerts, bucket still isnt doing his thing on the track

On almost every recording Ive heard he plays a different solo.  Some sounded better than what made it to C.D.  Others were a complete mess.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

good call dead south....i'm not into all the bootlegs so much but that says to me that BH had little to no prep going into the 2002 tour, he was probably finding his way on what would be a cool solo for the final track

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bumble and Axl ruined a great song. sad

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I like Ron's additions but Frank's drums kinda dumb down the track.

Board footer