You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Chinese Democracy Total Sales

Aussie wrote:

I was chatting to Sic this morning and he showed me an interesting graph of some sales stats for CD that he had been keeping.  He was cool for me to post it here as well as his comments:

I've been tracking the chart success of CD ever since the release, comparing the Billboard (US/Best Buy) numbers with the global ones, retrieved from the United World Chart (www.mediatraffic.de). CD has now fallen below the Top 40 of global sales, which means I'm likely unable to follow its future course on a weekly basis. Hence, I figured I'd pass it on to you guys, to provide some perspective on how this thing's turned out. I can't completely vouch that every number is in the exact right place, but I reckon it's close enough. I also took the time to compare the sales to the Geffen/BestBuy deal, minding the 1,3 million copies sold beforehand. Turned out that as I write this, BB is still stuck with 2/3 of their stock. The overall sales are rather good from the labels point of view, as the non-US results pretty much equal the BB buyout. 1,3 Million on both sides, 2,6m in total.

Geffen/Interscope has therefore been raking up profit since Nov 23rd, as the BB presale pretty much nullified Ax's studio bill. Now, they're basically sitting on their asses, watching the non-US sales bringing home the bacon. There's no need to invest in GNR any further at the moment, because they're out for maximum overhead. US in particular is a very dead market as far as their interests are concerned - I mean, the sales are BB's headache until November at least. Why should the label spend money in benefitting them?

Right now, markets outside US are what matters. If Ax decides to hit the road in the summer, that oughta help. If he can tour consistently throughout the summer/fall and drop a new album in November (without BB), he should be able to roll on into the US and get some clout.

But CD ran its course years ago and a merciful release turned out to be the only option.

149p3dj.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=149p3dj&s=5

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

You can actually see what happend with sales when people find out that the songs in the album were the one that leaked (Dec 17) and when people said fuck off its a good album (Dec 31) and when people said youre right... (Jan 21)

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Another wrote:

You can actually see what happend with sales when people find out that the songs in the album were the one that leaked (Dec 17) and when people said fuck off its a good album (Dec 31) and when people said youre right... (Jan 21)

What?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting. I honestly don't know when you'll see another North American tour. The U.S. has made it clear they don't consider this Guns N' Roses.

Focusing on the world would be a smart move.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

for me the interesting part is up turn in december...thats prolly when the general public realized that the album was out, thats when the Axl online appearances occurred...that was the opportune moment for the better music video and an appearance by axl on MTV or VH1

Another wrote:

there is always gonna be a decline in sales after the initial rush...joe and jill blow didnt even know or care about leaks...the only ones who cared about leaks were teh few thousand diehards in the online community

thatnks for posting Aussie and say thanks to sic. for us big_smile

OKI
 Rep: 0 

OKI wrote:

medıatraffıcs reported sales are 1.848.000

WEEK 49    72.000
WEEK 50    640.000
WEEK 51    250.000
WEEK 52    194.000
WEEK 53    215.000
WEEK 1    221.000
WEEK 2    89.000
WEEK 3    56.000
WEEK 4    44.000
WEEK 5    36.000
WEEK 6    31.000

but they can't count all the sales worlwide..these are the only reported sales..

us sales are 550 k

USA   

WEEK 1    261.000
WEEK 2    57.000
WEEK 3    48.000
WEEK 4    55.000
WEEK 5    60.607
WEEK 6    21.000
WEEK 7    11.440
WEEK 8    9.215
WEEK 9    7.200
WEEK 10    6.773
WEEK 11    5.659
WEEK 12    5.987

ın europe more than 1 million copies sold and european platınıum award given..

us sales           1.3 m (bestbuy)
european sales 1 m
rest of the world sales can not be 300k
canadıan sales almost 150 k
japan sales 120k al least
when you add Austrılıan,Mexıco,all South Amerıca (Brazıl, Argentına) Russıa ann rest of the world sales....ı thınk more than 3 million copies sold worldwide..

OKI
 Rep: 0 

OKI wrote:

17-23 november 2008    101.600
24-30 november 2008    677.600
01-12 december 2008    275.500
08-14 december 2008    214.500
15-21 december 2008    221.100
22-28 december 2008    208.200
29-04 january  2009    89.200
04-11 january  2009    59.700
12-18 january  2009    42.700
19-25 january  2009    23.900

one month ago, musıcharts.net reported 1.914.000 sales ... and accordıng to unıversal official report more than 2.6 million copies sold at the end of january.. now sales almost 3 million worldwide...

Sky Dog wrote:

world music chart doesn't count every country...thus, I 'll go with what the label says of 2.6 million retail sales. In any case, it is nosediving right now.:nervous:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I just can't seem to be bothered. I got the album and I'm hoping for more. If it's nosediving or not..I just can't bother with it. I would have wished for a hit single and stuff but the chances for it were slimmer than most people seem to think.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
Neemo wrote:

for me the interesting part is up turn in december...thats prolly when the general public realized that the album was out, thats when the Axl online appearances occurred...that was the opportune moment for the better music video and an appearance by axl on MTV or VH1

Another wrote:

there is always gonna be a decline in sales after the initial rush...joe and jill blow didnt even know or care about leaks...the only ones who cared about leaks were teh few thousand diehards in the online community

thatnks for posting Aussie and say thanks to sic. for us big_smile

im just joking:D

Board footer