You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Man robs ice cream store using stapler

James wrote:

ASHLAND, Kentucky - A man wearing a ski mask used a stapler to hold up an eastern Kentucky ice cream store _ and briefly got away with $175, authorities said.

Gerald A. Rocchi, 32, was arrested shortly after he flashed a chrome-plated stapler at an employee of The Ice Cream Shop in Ashland on Tuesday and demanded money, police said.

Ashland Police Capt. Don Petrella said he didn't know if Rocchi planned to shoot staples at the shop's employees or use it as a blunt instrument if he didn't get the cash.

It didn't come to that because the employees handed over the cash, Petrella said.

Several witnesses saw Rocchi leave the shop and told police where he was headed, Petrella said. After arresting Rocchi, police searched his house and found money, a stapler and a ski mask, Petrella said.

Petrella said the stapler's chrome finish could have made it look like a gun "if someone didn't get a good look at it."

Rocchi was charged with first-degree robbery. He made his first appearance in Boyd District Court on Wednesday morning. He did not have an attorney at the hearing.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press

James

James wrote:

These people are fucking stupid. What's next, someone robbing a store with an eraser?

You don't hand money to anyone unless they have a gun in your face.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Actually I think they did the right thing.

In the right circumstances even a punch can be fatal (if you fall and land badly), and you never know when someone will pull out a knife or syringe or something.

At the end of the day who wants to die for the cash register? Not for the kinda $ you get paid to work in retail. Fuck that.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

Damn!!Crime is way to easy nowadays.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Actually I think they did the right thing.

In the right circumstances even a punch can be fatal (if you fall and land badly), and you never know when someone will pull out a knife or syringe or something.

At the end of the day who wants to die for the cash register? Not for the kinda $ you get paid to work in retail. Fuck that.

I would never give money to someone who threatened me with a stapler. They would have a much better chance at not even showing the stapler and come at me with their bare hands, because when I see that stapler I'm gonna attempt to shove it down their throat, so bare hands for them would be the better option.

I'd love to know what the customers thought of this situation.

If the guy had a knife or a gun, he would have pulled that out instead of a stapler. His ass should have been kicked within seconds of pulling out the stapler.

Board footer