You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

BLS-Pride wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Remember the Eddie Trunk interview in 2006? I wonder how Axl and DLR would get along. But I would SOOO be at this if it happened!

Duuuuuude!! Why you being such a dick?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I wonder if Eddie & Dave would allow Axl to go on AFTER VH?

Something tells me VH will be calling the shots in this scenario.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I wonder if Eddie & Dave would allow Axl to go on AFTER VH?

Something tells me VH will be calling the shots in this scenario.

Oh yeah, i dont think Axl would have a whole lot of leverage here. Man, I would love this if it happened.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Van Halen?

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

SPREADING DEMOCRACY AROUND THE WORLD: Axl Rose intends to take the current lineup of Guns N’ Roses out on a worldwide stadium tour this summer, industry insiders told rollingstone.com. “Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years,” said Guns manager Irving Azoff in the news item. “People think they know him, but they really only know what has been said about him by questionable people. He is a good guy and often misunderstood—he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns N’ Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for GNR, I’m looking forward to it.” Right on the heels of this news come unconfirmed reports about a co-headlining tour with GNR and fellow L.A. hard-rock icons Van Halen. If this pairing comes to pass, we’re betting it’ll move some serious ducats.

Did Azoff say the exact same thing as BBF?  It looks like almost the same exact thing without going back to read it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I saw Van Halen twice on their reunion tour.  They were awesome!  Obviously that'd be a kickass show.  I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor yet though.  It would make sense and would be successful, but I'm not sure how the 2 bands would mesh.  I've never heard Van Halen say anything about GNR, either good or bad.  Not that that means anything, but at least I don't see any obvious animosity there.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Van Halen?

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

SPREADING DEMOCRACY AROUND THE WORLD: Axl Rose intends to take the current lineup of Guns N’ Roses out on a worldwide stadium tour this summer, industry insiders told rollingstone.com. “Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years,” said Guns manager Irving Azoff in the news item. “People think they know him, but they really only know what has been said about him by questionable people. He is a good guy and often misunderstood—he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns N’ Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for GNR, I’m looking forward to it.” Right on the heels of this news come unconfirmed reports about a co-headlining tour with GNR and fellow L.A. hard-rock icons Van Halen. If this pairing comes to pass, we’re betting it’ll move some serious ducats.

Did Azoff say the exact same thing as BBF?  It looks like almost the same exact thing without going back to read it.

I think a lot of people have had similar, if not exact comments about Axl.

faldor

faldor wrote:

From a Van Halen message board, www.vhlinks.com

"Little info I heard:

Talks are being had with NC State about the use of Carter Finley Stadium for a possible GNR/Van Halen tour. This came from a true insider with the NC State athletics dept who says State's been contacted about it, so I consider it the gospel.

Obviously this doesn't mean the tour will definitely happen, but evidently it IS being discussed."

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks this would be an unmitigated disaster?

Axl, Eddie, Dave's ego in one building would warp the space-time continuum and end all life as we know it.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I think that could add to the mysterious aura.  But you're right, it has all the makings of being a disaster.  But it'd be great to see, on my end.

Sky Dog wrote:

On a side note, maybe a Gnr/VH tour could lure Bucket in to the mix....I would imagine Bucket is a fan of Eddie. I like to see them go toe to toe.

Board footer