You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

ereeper wrote:

Lucas Fucking Oil Stadium!!!

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If they want sellouts, GNR is gonna have to become U2 and start actually promoting this record, and talking about Slash on forums isn't promotion.

Would be interesting if they turned this into a festival of sorts.

See, thats kinda what I'm thinking. Not necessarily Ozzfest, but several big name bands together. What's Metallica doing this summer?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If they want sellouts, GNR is gonna have to become U2 and start actually promoting this record, and talking about Slash on forums isn't promotion.

See, thats kinda what I'm thinking. Not necessarily Ozzfest, but several big name bands together. What's Metallica doing this summer?

Yeah you would think they'd have a respectable band(s) with a dedicated fanbase to open if they're doing stadiums.  Metallica would be great, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
faldor wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah you would think they'd have a respectable band(s) with a dedicated fanbase to open if they're doing stadiums.  Metallica would be great, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

Probably so, just thinking out loud, and with the rumors we've heard for the last bit about GNR and Metallica, it kinda makes sense. But certainly most likely wishful thinking. Wouldn't that be a helluva coupe for Azoff and Axl?!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Stadium tour for new Guns. 14

No offense, I hope they tour, I really do, and I don't want to be negative, but come on... they were getting arenas only half-full in the U.S.

I'm thinking stadium tour might mean 'outside of U.S.', but they'll market it as such, because Azoff is Azoff.

The only way I see GN'R pulling this off and being successful, if it's something like a Metallica-GN'R co-headline for Death Magnetic & CD, along with the reunited Faith No More to open the shows.

And no i'm not joking. I could not imagine any other way to make it successful. Even a 'Guns fest' (like Crue Fest) with a bunch of smaller name acts along with a GN'R headline would not really warrant a stadium tour.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

They are going to need a big name act to help them sell seats. Or a few newer established bands with their own fans. I can't see this GNR selling out stadiums with just one or two opening bands.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Well it wont be Download , Duffs there Lol

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

They are going to need a big name act to help them sell seats. Or a few newer established bands with their own fans. I can't see this GNR selling out stadiums with just one or two opening bands.

Yeah, but merging my idea of FNM, Metallica & GN'R, along with other bands in a festival setting wouldn't do it either.

Eventually you'd bottom out on money. It'd cost so much to pay the high-end artists, spread out over ticket sales, that no one would see enough profit to be involved, especially a still bankable act like Metallica.

In a scenario like that - it's Metallica making them all money - not the other way around.

Keep in mind, i'm just speaking in theory.

mickronson wrote:

Well it wont be Download , Duffs there Lol

What would stop Duff from pulling an Izzy, and performing bass with GN'R on select songs? Last time I checked, they both love each other. I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like that happened.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

A GNR/Metallica tour would work stadium wise. Otherwise, I just don't see any other band that would be "compatible" with GNR, being able to draw enough to warrant a stadium tour. It sure as hell won't be Baz!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

They could have outside Companies pick up some of the bill by advertising and selling things at the concert if its a money problem. This summer isn't gonna be a high spending summer for America I hope tickets aren't a lot cause none will sell.

Board footer