You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

Axlin16 wrote:

And that's another fantastic point. Doing a stadium tour, and getting 8,000 butts in the seats of a 40,000 seat stadium, would be a publicity disaster.

They'd have to have a lineup of top-tier artists, low ticket prices, but still high enough to make a profit.

Unless they'll take the loss, and hope that merch sales and boosted album sales from an actively marketed major tour, would be worth it in the long run. If I remember correctly the UYI tour didn't see a profit, because Axl wanted roman bath parties after every show, like they were fucking Queen.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There is no chance that this "band" can do a stadium tour.  Nobody cares, not even the diehards.  Suicide.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There is no chance that this "band" can do a stadium tour.  Nobody cares, not even the diehards.  Suicide.

Sad but kinda true. I can't see this lineup oh wait we don't even know the lineup of the band selling out stadiums. Axl must know something no one else does?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Slash thing is a cover if a stadium tour is in the works.

Even a reunited Guns, would need a Metallica, to do a stadium tour imo.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Sad but kinda true. I can't see this lineup oh wait we don't even know the lineup of the band selling out stadiums. Axl must know something no one else does?

That was my initial thought too.  The surprise of a potential summer tour wasn't that out of the blue, but a STADIUM tour.  That I didn't expect.  They must have something up their sleeves if that is the case.

What is Metallica doing this summer anyway?

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

If they did just a few dates with a good marketing plan it could work.  Play a show in the east, south, midwest, west, and canada and you could fill stadiums.  That's five shows right there.  Throw in a couple of bunnies like NY and LA and you build from there.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Maybe they mean Gn'R plan to open for U2 on thier summer stadium tour wich they are going to announce the dates on Monday 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The Slash thing is a cover if a stadium tour is in the works.

Even a reunited Guns, would need a Metallica, to do a stadium tour imo.

Now that I think would sell very well in most markets. If Axl, Izzy, Slash, and Duff were back together and did press about it and all that shit. With ticket prices set well it would sell out. Half the people would go to see if Axl and Slash threw down in the middle of November Rain or not 16

I read Metallica will be in Europe over the summer.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, Axl, you and what army?

Board footer