You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

Big Gun wrote:

no point in taking this news to seriously, just azoff trying to hype up the tour.
I admire his confidence though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

no point in taking this news to seriously, just azoff trying to hype up the tour.
I admire his confidence though.

That's the thing, I think there IS reason to get excited because there's got to be a whole lot more to this.  Irving knows there's no amount of hype that will lead to GNR selling out stadiums on their own.  I just don't see it happening.  I hope I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem possible to me at this point in time.  If the album had sold like gangbusters in the US then I'd say they have a shot, but they know the numbers.  There's only so many excuses you can use to hide the facts.  Bad economy, not as many Best Buy's around.  Guess what?  The economy ain't gettin any better by this summer and if you limit the dates to large markets is someone from the St. Louis area gonna drive to Chicago to see GNR if they didn't drive 30 minutes to a Best Buy to purchase CD?

There HAS to be more to this.  Hopefully we'll find out soon enough.  If the article is false in any way, I'm sure it'll be squashed quickly by the GNR camp.  In fact, it probably already would have been.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Thats because the original poster wrote "Who would you like to see as the headlining and opening act on the next tour? "

Jarmo sarcasticly replied, "Where do you see GN'R fit in on the bill if they're not the headliner?"

The op had got his title a little messed up and edited it after realising his mistake.

I guess I didn't take it that way but what you're saying is certainly possible.

That is what happened.  It was a couple days ago.  Not sure if the post was removed but the poster responds early in the thread that he mistitled the thread.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Whatever the outcome, at least we can put Axls interview on the backseat and speculate about some possible positive GNR activity.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Look at us, GNR fans getting our hopes up. It's so cute.

Haven't we learned anything? Don't you know how this will end?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I can't wait til they start touring, then 20 shows in, Axl decides he doesn't want to tour anymore, and relies on the excuse that the band needs to get back into the studio to finish the record!

Also, enjoy gnrevolution while you can because once Appetite Rehash fest 2k9 starts, James might crash the site!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'm not fucking preparing for even one damn show. I know how this game works.

I'll go when it's anounced. Other than that, I couldn't be less interested in hoping or thinking it will happen.

Board footer