You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: The Album that Never Was

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ugh. I gotta admit, looking at your list Neemo, it blows. Just confirms to me that Izzy's solo stuff was the best after GNR. Without his tunes, that's a hard CD to swallow.

Believe in Me
Shuffle It All
Beggars and Hangers On
Somebody Knockin
Swamp Song
Neither Can I
This I Love
Train Tracks
Could It Be You
Fall to Pieces
Time Gone By
Fucked Up Beyond Belief

Is that better? 16

Ha, well, sure. I'd add:
117 Degrees
Ain't It a Bitch

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ugh. I gotta admit, looking at your list Neemo, it blows. Just confirms to me that Izzy's solo stuff was the best after GNR. Without his tunes, that's a hard CD to swallow.

regardless i think in the mid ninety's if the band woulda survived they woulda had a couple tough years...all the 80's band suffered a setback...but i like the songs i listed, i prolly coulda listed a double album worth of material, you are entitled to your opinion of course but for the duff material, i used to hate it and after recently repurchasing it i was shocked at how good some of the material actually is on there...its funny how Izzy was the backbone writer of so much gnr material, but when you listen to his solo stuff its actually quite abstract to pull any gnr soundign stuff out of it...

dont get me wrong, i like izzy's stuff, but its obvious that the rest of the band put their stamp on it all to make each song a gnr tune, instead of just an izzy one...for instance tijuana jail, monkey chow and cure me or kill me bear strong resemblance to afd style gnr tracks, but other Gilby material is alot different than gnr material...for this reason i think that Gilby would have made a comparable replacement to Izzy if they ever woulda utilized him as a song writer to try and fill the void left by Izzy...off course this is all well wishing and theories but its one of the things i wish i coulda witnessed most in the history of GnR ... to see where the band could have gone after TSI ..gilby is a bit more on the heavier side than izzy was but ther chemistry was there i think with duff, slash and matt

2008 Intentions wrote:

This I Love should be in. There is a rumor about being soundtrack for a Robin Williams movie in 1991 or so.

And for IRS and TWAT there are "earlier" versions of E Trunk leaks, i had these sngs from cd.com

actually the robin williams movie is what dreams may come and it was in 1998

as for the "'99" leaks...i have no interest...i only took finished versions of songs

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

dont get me wrong, i like izzy's stuff, but its obvious that the rest of the band put their stamp on it all to make each song a gnr tune, instead of just an izzy one...for instance tijuana jail, monkey chow and cure me or kill me bear strong resemblance to afd style gnr tracks, but other Gilby material is alot different than gnr material...for this reason i think that Gilby would have made a comparable replacement to Izzy if they ever woulda utilized him as a song writer to try and fill the void left by Izzy...off course this is all well wishing and theories but its one of the things i wish i coulda witnessed most in the history of GnR ... to see where the band could have gone after TSI ..gilby is a bit more on the heavier side than izzy was but ther chemistry was there i think with duff, slash and matt

I'm a big fan of Gilby's songwriting, but to be fair, the three songs you mentioned with the more GNR vibe all have Slash playing lead on them(and I think maybe Matt too, but I'm not sure about that for all of them).
**Once I re-read the part I quoted I think that's what you were saying...

I do agree with your point though, it'd be cool to see what could have come out of those guys staying together and getting to work.

I want Izzy and Gilby to collaborate on something...  It'd sound like Exile on Main Street.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, I love the Dizzy Believe In Me album. I  said this in the other thread: I like it second best of post-GNR solo stuff.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Hey neemo i dont know where but i read something about this i love was written in 1991 or 1993, let me surf around gnrsource

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

Hey neemo i dont know where but i read something about this i love was written in 1991 or 1993, let me surf around gnrsource

Why do that when you can simply scroll up here?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5059

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl would have wanted that album to sound more like Nirvana/Pearljam with some NIN thrown in.

Slash would want it to sound more like Aerosmith/Thin Lizzy...

Oh, I guess that's why it wasn't released in the first place.

Board footer