You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Time went by and it became a joke ...

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, most people here are big fans of this new "stooge" band.

But welcome anyway.

I don't think that is an accurate statement at all.

Of course you wouldn't.

Look at the poll for instance. Do the majority of people want to know about the future of GNR (this band) or hear Axl talk about Slash?

I don't think the vast majority of people would be here if it weren't for liking this band.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, Buzz I think you're clearly wrong on this one. Feel free to do a poll though if you want it in black and white.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, most people here are big fans of this new "stooge" band.

But welcome anyway.

Of course you wouldn't.

Look at the poll for instance. Do the majority of people want to know about the future of GNR (this band) or hear Axl talk about Slash?

I don't think the vast majority of people would be here if it weren't for liking this band.

Slash is Gone puf! in the air is like be sad because Jim Morrison is not in The Doors and that is have no respect for the others musicians in the band the Guns N' Roses name turn you insane what you want Guns N' Fuckin Roses? thats it c'mmon go and cry to mum that daddy is gone Guns N' Roses is still going without slash like it or not just live with it

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love everyone who's been in the newer line up of GNR except BH and Brain

The two people that made it good? 14

As far as the original post in this thread is concerned, while it may be considered "negative" or "old vs new" in nature, its basically an old school non forum junkie fan's response to the album and various bullshit over the years.

There's more GNR fans in the world with his feelings than there are that post at these sites. A lot of old fans don't consider this GNR. The album sales reflect that, and so does the myspace record where it went from millions of listens for the first track and went down to less than a hundred thousand for Prostitute. It didn't connect with a lot of people, and what started out as a chicken dinner turned into a shit sandwich for them.

Having said that, this site(and others like it) are basically marketed towards whatever current incarnation of the band exists. The hardcore fan base has been following this saga for years. Even the people who don't like the album or the members who played on it follow it with just as much interest as those that do.

While all versions of the band are discussed here, you'll see that most of the interest lies in Chinese Democracy, news concerning the members that played on it, a possible tour, and of course any news on forthcoming music. A LOT of old school fans moved on from the GNR fiasco back in 1993-96. Only the EXTREME hardcore fans stuck around after that, in "real life" and even more so on the internet. In 1995, no one I knew(even GNR fans) cared about any of it, DJs on rock stations would laugh if you requested a GNR song, and the few GNR sites in existence at that point were virtually dead.

The online communities are a melting pot of those who did stick around with new fans who have come along after the old band's implosion. Hell, there's some people who are only interested in the new band.

Welcome to the forum. 5

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Coma wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Of course you wouldn't.

Slash is Gone puf! in the air is like be sad because Jim Morrison is not in The Doors and that is have no respect for the others musicians in the band the Guns N' Roses name turn you insane what you want Guns N' Fuckin Roses? thats it c'mmon go and cry to mum that daddy is gone Guns N' Roses is still going without slash like it or not just live with it

Huh?  No hablo whatever the hell you tried to say.

As for the other posts, poll the full membership and you'll get a much different response than the "active" membership.  The lack of success of the album tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about what people (in general) think of the new band and their "direction" - I don't need to create a poll, it's already been done and overwhelming response has been "no thanks". 

Why do you suppose that posting in the GnR section is down unless it comes to some sort of an old vs new thread or Axl bashing Slash out of the blue?  The evidence is right there in front of you.  Even the active members don't care regardless of what they might claim in a poll.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That's a copout Buzz because of the total membership here, most came because this site was the only site allowing discussion of leaks and sharing them. The "active" people here are what make this site, not some schmoe who signed up in 2006 to get the leaks and leave.

I'll have to say I missed that poll that asked if we were fans, so again, if you're gonna claim we aren't, then I think its inaccurate--by a clear mile.   

But you go ahead and continue to assume we all hang out here because we're not fans. I'm gonna assume people on a GNR fan site are indeed GNR fans. We'll both be happier that way.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Another quick note - all the people that supposedly love this new band almost always say "but" right after that statement and proceed to say what they don't like about it.  As in:

"I love the new band, but BH and Brian were the only 2 that made it good"
"I love the new band, but they need Robin and BH to tour"
"I love the new band, but Axl needs to promote the album"
"I love the new band, but who is going to replace Robin?"

For a band that so many people love, I see very few posts that say:

"I love the new band."

Just something to pinder for the couple people that seem to think everybody is completely on board with the new band.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Actually. the album has done pretty well, considering. Not unless your standards are ridiculously placed in a fantasy land. But seeing 500,000 (2 million world wide) albums (so far) ain't bad for a 'current' rock album, especially this album. No matter how many people want to label it a failure it isn't. The new direction, though not as successful as it would have been in 02, is not a failure and it isn't because people said no thanks.

And if you're judging by active "posting" on message boards to measure success, these boards were never deader than 03-05. It happens. There's little to talk about, except for Axl's so called interviews where he directly made oldvsnew a topic. And I guarantee you if there was news on a new leak the activity would jump.

I mean you can say no one cares..... But you sure seem to.

And when people bring up the myspace hits it always reminds me of Kartman showing up at youtube to get his internet dollars 16

Board footer