You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Federal Prosecutors Want Prison For Kevin Cogill

Axlin16 wrote:

The biggest thing going on here, is they want to make an example out of him, because he's a former UMG employee.

They want to send a message to all of the current employees - "don't even think about it".

Plus the fact this dude was cocky as hell about it doesn't help him at all.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

leaks hurt....I like the U2 album but haven't bought it because I got the leak. It hurts big artists in my opinion because in the end, people don't feel U2 or Axl Rose needs the money....tough economic times don't help. Music is a want, not a need. hmm

No offence but I took alot of flak for not buying Chinese Democracy even though in my opinion I had valid reasons. Funny how this can go so unnoticed 16

I'd pick up the boxset of NLOTH. Mine arrived yesterday and it's fucking awesome. It came witha  film which is basically a  silent movie set to the entire album. It follows one chacter form start to finish. Great stuff. Plus the box looks great 14

I think this whole thing with this guy leaking the album is ridiculous.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bono, the difference is that madagas isn't on a U2 forum. wink

Edit: Film version of this sounds cool, but I didn't really see the need for it at this time.

This album will see a big boost in sales during the holiday season because people will be buying U2 fans the version of this album they don't have.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono, you didn't get shit from me....at least not about purchasing the record. 16 I know you don't like the album and you have your personal issues with Axl....very legitimate reasons to not buy something. My U2 example is a case of where I have the leak, like the album, have the money to buy it, and just haven't taken the time to do so. Why?...cause I have the songs. I will purchase it or some tracks off ITUNES at some point to make up for it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono, you didn't get shit from me....at least not about purchasing the record. 16 I know you don't like the album and you have your personal issues with Axl....very legitimate reasons to not buy something. My U2 example is a case of where I have the leak, like the album, have the money to buy it, and just haven't taken the time to do so. Why?...cause I have the songs. I will purchase it or some tracks off ITUNES at some point to make up for it.

Nah dude it's all good. I dont' really care. To each their own on this subject of downloading. For me I always buy my music. Chinese Democracy being the one exception. It had nothing to do with the album itself.  It was all about not wanting to support someone who clearly, at least in my opinion, doesn't deserve support from fans anymore. Just based on an attitude that's been direcetd towards the fans over the  years.

As for jail time for this dude, WOW! I think this is being ridiculously overblown. I can see being slapped with a fine but a 6 month jail sentence. 16 Gimme a break.

Board footer