You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Re: Appetite '99

Otis Western wrote:
Coma wrote:

hey i got a question is it true that they rerecord Appetite For Destruction in 99 if someone has any info please share it with me

Let's just hope Axl keeps this one buried. You can't top perfect.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bucket's Nightrain solo would be cool, but chances are it wouldn't be the same as the live one. He changes his solos all the time. I've never heard him do a solo exactly alike.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

Let's just hope Axl keeps this one buried. You can't top perfect.

not sure about that...Brownstone with Robin on lead for me is much better than the original, and I would love to hear the version of that one...same with Nightrain...

Bucket completely redefined that song in 02...and if he's featured on the re-recorded version, than that song tops my list of the ones to hear....even more so that the outstanding CD material...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wow, I never heard that the 99 Paradise City leaked. Like many here, I'd kill to hear the re-recorded Appetite.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't live in the past, so I'm really uninterested in any AFD-rerecording, and it doesn't matter who plays or sings. I've heard too many tribute bands doing this shit.

Sky Dog wrote:

ditto...I am with Mikka.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought that Sweet Child sample from the Big Daddy soundtrack was awful.

Its the "where do we go now" part on this version isnt it? I know Axl re-did all the vocals, but its the new band on the outro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtovs6HhFO8

Looking at this now it just bizarre, how much more fucking around with a song can you do?

AtariLegend wrote:

Axl has made it fairly clear the last few times this was brought up, that this isn't gonna see the light of the day.

I don't think Axl should get bashed here... for something he hasn't done yet.

...Although I personally would loved to have heard a re-recorded "Nightrain" maybe as a free download or B-Side.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would love to hear it. I ain't gonna lie.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Axl has made it fairly clear the last few times this was brought up, that this isn't gonna see the light of the day.

I don't think Axl should get bashed here... for something he hasn't done yet.

I agree.  Axl does enough things that he can be teed up for...this (so far) isn't one of them. 

While I think releasing it on it's own or part of a bonus disk would be in very, very bad taste, I can see it being released in an anthology type box set at some point down the road as long as the songs aren't released as singles.  I'd be curious to hear them once.

Board footer