You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: What would the output of an Axl/Duff collaboration sound like?

Axlin16 wrote:
Otis Western- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I honestly don't think an Axl/Duff collaboration would be much different than the Chinese Democracy that exists.

I always assumed that when the two sides were drifting apart, Slash/Gilby was more interested in a classic rock sound, and Axl/Duff were going into the electronic/techno era.

If any of them saw this vision of Axl's, it very well could have been Duff. But I think with Duff, it would have been a little more punk, and alot less of the whiney, synthesized, piano ballads. If they do collaborate, I'm really hoping it's guitar rock driven.

A GN'R album without whiney piano ballads, ain't a GN'R album.

But i'm assuming you're an AFD & Lies fan.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Otis Western- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I honestly don't think an Axl/Duff collaboration would be much different than the Chinese Democracy that exists.

I always assumed that when the two sides were drifting apart, Slash/Gilby was more interested in a classic rock sound, and Axl/Duff were going into the electronic/techno era.

If any of them saw this vision of Axl's, it very well could have been Duff. But I think with Duff, it would have been a little more punk, and alot less of the whiney, synthesized, piano ballads. If they do collaborate, I'm really hoping it's guitar rock driven.

haven't you heard the whiney song that duff wrote for his wife? it's pretty bad. it's sweet, cuz it's for his wife, but you can drown in the cheese.

Sky Dog wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like Duff, and he certainly added to the chemistry and spirit of the old band. Of course, I like Slash too. But, that doesn't mean I necessarily like their post Gnr work. Although I am not really sure what direction Axl went in after Gnr, in the end, I enjoy the songs off of Chinese more than any other original bandmembers post Gnr work. The only album that comes close to me is Izzy's first Ju Ju Hounds record as I thought that was a great album. It doesn't mean I am right or wrong with my taste in music. Everybody has their own preferences.

Board footer