You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: DJ Ashba First Impressions

Neemo wrote:

so whatcha thinkin? first impressions

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

that he looks weird and that is a mix between Robin and Fortus

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Great!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Coma wrote:

that he looks weird and that is a mix between Robin and Fortus

Couldn't agree more.
But checking out some videos of him, he seems to have the chops, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Indifferent, its a sad day when this barely even registers a blip on my radar.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I like the pick. I'm not really down that Robin is out, he chose to be out. Oh well.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Really don't care too much tongue. Anyone want to post some stuff he's done? I listened to some stuff on youtube and he seemed ok but nothing special. I feel like he will put on a good live show though, which is important.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Indifferent

All I know of him is Sixx:AM and that band is a very radio-ready modern rock kind of band.

I've got an open mind to all of them. We'll see what he brings, but for now the only positive I could say is at least he'll bring GN'R into the present when it concerns a rock sound, and not the late-90's stuff they've been doing 10 years past it's due date.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm really pumped about this.

While it should be musical not image...he's got the rock look and tatts, and will fit in with Axl's new image, fortus and bumble well to present a co-hesive GNR.

Musically he seems to be a creative type, he was a co-writer and producer on Motley's last album which I enjoyed....and from what I've seen on you tube his chops are nice and emotional sounding and more than adaquate to play the robin parts.

I'm expecting some kickass shows with him, bumble and Axl.

Long term I'd love it if he, Axl and Bumble put down some new song ideas and we got some more music to enjoy, it'd be nice to see the new band function more normally now that CD is finally out - they could go forward with a new line up etc....i mean obviously things will always take time in GNR land...but there is potential for good stuff here,

however for now...i'll be happy to check out some live gigs...he seems like a good fit and a good choice. Obviously my overall impression will depend on hearing him play with GNR....but right now I'm pretty happy with the call.

Assuming he plays robin's stuff as per the record, and also handle's slash's old parts faithfully (without too many rearrangments) I could see more of the fan base accepting the line up too. I think robin was a unique and tallented player in his own way - but its obvious to me his changes to the lead parts really made the absence of slash harder to stomach for many old fans. While its true there are a number of people who will only want slash - i think if the old songs were replicated in a manner more consistant with their recordings the hatred would soften. That's why people like Richard - cos when he plays NR - while it isn't slash playing - the tune goes the way you expect - but when someone like robin plays it you feel its not the same song. Anyway - i'm getting off topic...but I feel that he is a good choice, and if he plays the parts accurately, there's potential for this GNR to be really really powerful in my opinion.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

When Axl kicks to Slash i was like "ok...ok", kicks bucket ass "its not funny axl", now to Robin "f"·$ u"

Board footer