You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DJ Ashba First Impressions

CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I voted good just for the sake of it.

The show must go on.

Wow, man. Way to set that bar high. Well, I personally think I'll skip this summer joke ... er.. I mean tour,  just for the sake of it. I have no interest in seeing old dreadlocks and his dime store cover act piss all over the legacy of a once great band. 

Do the world a favor Ax, just stay poolside at that malibu mansion of yours this summer instead.

Otis Western- wrote:

Way to set that bar high.

I'd rather have this guy in GN'R than no GN'R at all.

I can't say that I'm thrilled, though.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Guys, check out the beautiful creatures stuff, it big time AC/DC - GNR style music...  The live clips are very appetite style.  This guy's biggest influence must be Slash, he seriously plays Slash licks in every solo in the live clips of beautiful creatures which kind of makes me wonder if he picked him because of that.....  A guy that can maybe outslash Slash?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Awesome player that can more than handle this role.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

My first impression is good. The guy can play and has some blues rock roots. His playing is melodic and not out-of-tune like Finck's. I'm sure he can write as good as Finck, so Axl was fortunate this time and really made his band better.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm indifferent to it all. He can hire Jim Nabors or even dig up the corpse of Boss Hogg for all I care. He wasted the potential of the best lineup he had, so it doesn't really matter anymore who he picks to tour. We already know its not gonna sound like the album, so just let him pick whoever he wants.

I'm just hoping for more of that 2001-02 material to be released at some point.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm indifferent to it all. He can hire Jim Nabors or even dig up the corpse of Boss Hogg for all I care. He wasted the potential of the best lineup he had, so it doesn't really matter anymore who he picks to tour. We already know its not gonna sound like the album, so just let him pick whoever he wants.

I'm just hoping for more of that 2001-02 material to be released at some point.

Good point James, that lineup in 02 was really awesome looking back.  I mean from Bucket to Finck, what a huge range in diversity, and you had Tobias as a good song writer. 

Now you have Fotus and DJ who are pretty much the same style and Bumble, who is a watered down Bucket, but still awesome.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't know too much about the guy, but I'll take anything that moves the band forward.  It's obvious they needed to make a change, hopefully things pick up now.  Though I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't really care. This is more of a quick fix to tour in my opinion. I'm not going to attend any shows even if they play my local bar so it makes no difference to me who they hire. I don't see this having any impact on new material for the immediate future(2-3 years) so really I don't care who's in the band. I wouldn't be surprised if come the end of the tour, assuming they tour, DJ's out and on to something else.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'll say one thing, I think whoever runs DJ's website should take over GNR's.  He's already got a section devoted to GNR on there.  Tour dates TBA. 

He's listed as an official member of the band now, but Brain isn't on there.  Isn't he supposedly back?  Why not list him?

Board footer