You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

faldor wrote:

From reading Ron's latest posts on twitter, it looks like he's in Maui.  So apparently rehearsals aren't currently going on, unless they're going on without him or they've moved them to Maui for some reason.  This could mean everything, anything, or nothing at all.  Could just be taking a break, rehearsals may be done because the ball is about to roll, rehearsals could be done because negotiations hit a roadblock, Ron could be out of the band.

My guess is they're just taking a break, hopefully before the ball gets rolling.

http://twitter.com/bumblefoot

Apparently, he's on vacation with his wife celebrating their anniversary.  Sound like they're doing it in style.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

How much rehearsing does Ron need? (no jokes please)

This guy has been their guitarist since 2006, and they rehearsed most of the stuff they're probably going to play from CD that never saw the light of day in 2006/07 - in 2009.

The only person that probably needs heavy rehearsals is DJ.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it does help to rehearse as a band....especially such a large, big name one...and doubly with a new player

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but not enough that one of the guitarists can't go hang in Maui, without slowing the process down, and without anyone immediately thinking nothing is happening.

The man is allowed to breath.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I didn't mean to insinuate that since Ron was in Maui that rehearsals couldn't go on, or he wasn't allowed to go on vacation.  They've been rehearsing for some time now, I wouldn't expect them to play 24/7 anyway.  Besides, Ron deserves a little quality time with his wife before he sets out on a lengthy tour.  Here's to hoping!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Maui is only five hours from LA so it's not like he's going cross country to vacation.  With this band, you know there is going to be a lot of downtime so why not take advantage of it.  Until they announce something, everyone's free to do whatever they want.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah if it's only 5 hours away...and if it was his anniversary it could easily be that they'e just taken like a weekend off or something and then are back to it.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I didn't know where to put this, as it's not really news, so I didn't think it needed its own thread.  From Ron's twitter.  Where's he going now, he just got back from Maui?  Sounds like rehearsals lasted in the 3 month ballpark.  Now what?

http://twitter.com/bumblefoot

Back from the Spyderz show, great time! LAX in 3 hours - over 3 months in the same hotel room, feels more like moving out than checking out.
about 15 hours ago from web

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I still cant believe they rehearsed for three months, and to add a cherry on top of such lengthy rehearsals they did it with zero tour dates.

In other words, they're gonna need to rehearse again if a tour happens in the future.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I know, that's what it sounds like.  How long do you need to rehearse anyway?  They better be damn near flawless when/if they eventually hit the road.

Board footer