You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

buzzsaw wrote:

Are you absolutely sure he wasn't in Maui for 3 months?  I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe it's obvious he wasn't.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I know, that's what it sounds like.  How long do you need to rehearse anyway?  They better be damn near flawless when/if they eventually hit the road.

If memory serves me correctly, the 91 lineup rehearsed a few hours before Rio(a day tops), and they were testing out brand new material.

Its just one of the many bizarre things to transpire in the CD era. They could have wrapped up an entire leg of a tour in the time it took them to rehearse.

buzzsaw wrote:

Are you absolutely sure he wasn't in Maui for 3 months?  I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe it's obvious he wasn't.

It was LA. He talked about eating at various restaurants there. He vacationed in Hawaii during this.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

rehearse also means let the next new guy learn all the tracks..
they have a new guy slowing em down now

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:

rehearse also means let the next new guy learn all the tracks..
they have a new guy slowing em down now

Yeah there is the question of when DJ started rehearsing with them exactly.  Obviously it is a lot of material to learn.  I know the whole Robin situation has slowed things down, how much remains to be seen as it appears we're clearly not out of the woods yet.  Heck, when Buckethead left it took them 2 full years to recover and pick back up.  Hopefully we don't have to wait that long this time around, although it seems like Robin left 2 years ago as it is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In other words - DJ SUCKS.

Back to square one folks.

The only reason for rehearsals to last that long, is if the entire band has to find "it" with totally new material from the next album, and even then it shouldn't take that long.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

you guys are really jumping to conclusions

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah there is the question of when DJ started rehearsing with them exactly.  Obviously it is a lot of material to learn.

Is there really though?  He'd obviously have to learn AFD and CD, but they wouldn't be doing that many songs off Illusions.  Lies would probably get two at the most and they'd maybe toss in a Spaghetti Incident song or two. I going to assume that he's a skilled guitarist so why does it take him three months to learn previously recorded material?  Unless they want to bring out a whole new set of CD era tunes which would make me very happy and intrigued.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well when rehersing they have to work around 7 people's schedules or something to find common times...which is probably quite hard...then he's got to learn probably most of AFD, and I'd guess a fair amount of CD too...(so they have some options) and a couple of tracks from UYI....then add in that the CD songs are pretty strange structures....and that the old songs have now got complex guitar ques where people play 1/2 a solo then someone else takes over for the rest of it.....add in maybe some general stage craft stuff, working  out balances and stuff, add in a few delays for whatever other reasons...keep at it until its at a level for a stadium tour...and I can easily see it taking a couple of months....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'd think they rehearsed before DJ got the position. Common sense tells it, although it's not something Axl Rose likes. Anyway, the rehearsals point(ed) to some plans for a tour. If they don't announce the dates in two weeks then plans got canned again.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye DJ re-recorded Robins parts on the next album and it will be released for the Christmas shopping season along with the launch of World Tour dates.

Quote me for truth in November!!

Board footer