You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

When UYI came out, Izzy didn't tour it, Gilby did, who wasn't even on the albums.

Yeah, and thank God I saw them in concert right before the album was released. wink

Good to see you drop in. Definitely one of my favorite posters from mygnr.

On topic, like others have said, I'm going if they tour. Even if Bill Cosby is the next guitarist. Axl and the various line ups are so volatile that it could always be the last tour.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

When UYI came out, Izzy didn't tour it, Gilby did, who wasn't even on the albums.

Yeah, and thank God I saw them in concert right before the album was released. wink

On topic, like others have said, I'm going if they tour. Even if Bill Cosby is the next guitarist. Axl and the various line ups are so volatile that it could always be the last tour.

It's nice to see that this attitude is still alive in GNR.  The unpredictable behavior that they have.  Of course now it's just embodied in Axl, not just about everyone in the band. 

I'm definitely going to see them if they decide to tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Without a future album on the horizon, my interest is nil.

Interesting...i'm sort of the opposite. The release of the album has kind of cleared the slate for me.

Like previously there was the paradox of the band seeming to want people to accept it as a new entity ("get on board or fuck off") but year after year the only thing in the GNR cataloge was old guns. In terms of branding (photos etc) and albums.  The tours presented us with new faces, and playing in a new style, but mostly the original songs re-interpreted and although I liked elements of it, the whole CD thing seemed to be like a giant millstone around GNR. I found myself frustrated...i either wanted GNR to return to what it was - which means reunion - or I wanted it to move on - which ment put out the album and so forth. Yet neither happened.

Now the album is out, and i feel this new line up is kind of a chance to start over once again. I'm feeling a sence of renewal. We loved Slash. We Loved bucket. But i'm willing to see what a new new GNR can do for me.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I would not see them live.  A big part of that is the cancellation of the show I was supposed to see in '06 that was never rescheduled as they said it would be.  I tried, Axl failed me (again).  Unless it's a reunion, I have no reason to go barring Axl making a solo album that I actually like at some point in the future (lol).

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I hope the price for tickets are going to be reasonable. It would such if the shows sell out on account of ticket organizations buying them all than reselling them for amounts exceeding $150.00 a ticket. And that's for nose bleed seats!!!!!  17

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I would not see them live.  A big part of that is the cancellation of the show I was supposed to see in '06 that was never rescheduled as they said it would be.  I tried, Axl failed me (again).  Unless it's a reunion, I have no reason to go barring Axl making a solo album that I actually like at some point in the future (lol).

Did you get your money back for the cancelled show?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

i can see it now:

bill cosby opens with the classic comedy bit for an hour or so.

then the lights go out and the pitman mix comes in

a crew member then brings bill cosby his guitar and he plays the welcome to the jungle teaser riff

followed shortly after by "do you know where the fuck you are!!!!!!!!"

bill would have amazing stage presence

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

"do you know where the fuck you are!!!!!!!!"

2a8100i.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633