You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Theory Or the Unspoken Truth?: Robin didn't leave the band amicably.

Neemo wrote:

but you cant ignore staff...bwahahahaha!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Neemo wrote:

but you cant ignore staff...bwahahahaha!

hmm Oops, it looks like you can ignore staff actually 16 I'll fix that tomorrow.

If you are ignoring a user and later decide you no longer want to ignore that user posts just go back to their profile and hit the "Stop ignoring" button.

Please don't abuse the feature guys, it was only added to put a stop to everyone complaining about one particular member. If no-one is around to prevent a troll from spamming threads just ignore their posts until one of the power-hungry mods logs in to deal with it.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Great idea for the ignore feature.  Makes it alot easier to ignore douchebag.

Sky Dog wrote:
- Otis Western wrote:

Whilel, I agree that 'King Penis' may have been unnecessary, I'm honestly surprised at just how sensitive some of you are to the name (King Dick). Especially, consideirng Axl has referred to himself as this. 16 Anyway since some mods seem to agree that aside from the nicknames used, the thread posed some valid questions, I figured we could give it another try without those names and me mentioning that a 20 yr old is a kid. Hope everyone's cool with that.

I honestly believe that Robin either left the band un-amicably, or was fired by Axl himself. Naturally, Axl wouldn't admit to either of these things, because both accusations would only further paint him the bad guy. The media would eat it up. 'Oh look, another guitar player left the band because he couldn't stand being around Axl's ass anymore.' Or perhaps a headline that reads: 'Axl Rose fires another guitar player for not doing his bidding.' Obviously, neither headline would help Axl efforts to go out and grab some cash this summer. Instead, it looks "friendlier" if Axl just gives us that "he'll always be a member of the guns family" jive.

IMO, Robin may have been offered a higher share of royalties by Axl just to keep his mouth shut. Let's face it, you couldn't blame Robin if he took the bait. It's not like there was any real demand for him to stay, nor will there be for him to ever come back. He doesn't need Axl. He's got a successful thing going being Trent's guitar player at the moment. And like most battered women, the 'leave with whatever you can get and go' mentality most likely would apply in this case as well.

Imagine if Robin would have spoken out about his decision to leave and basically re-iterated what the alumni (Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steve) had all said. That would have been a huge blow to Axl. Especially considering the guy was hand selected and put on the payroll by Axl himself. It's damning enough that 80% of the original alumni all told the same story, 2 employees (Gilby, Matt), and countless producers and execs. But members of Axl's hand selected "inner circle"? It would pretty much seal the deal that the last 80-100 fans on this earth would have to accept what the rest of the fanbase realized many, many moons ago.

See, idiots like this guy always overplay their hand with STUPID comments like "Axl may have offered Robin a higher share of royalties to keep his mouth shut." Uhhhh, Robin was not entitled to ANY royalties under any set of circumstances because he was NOT a part of the recording agreement with Uni/Geffen. Robin was strictly a contracted musician who could only possibly get publishing money from the one song he has writing credits on. We REALLY need ignore buttons if you want to keep the same assclown around forever.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Why not just use one account?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Why not just use one account?

He can't reply as his account is in read only mode yet again. Wait until he re-registers and you might get a witty reply outta him I'm sure

I'll delete his post above just because I can 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Some points I want to make:

1. Love downliner and the other mods for all the work he does running this site.
2. it's bizzare that Otis Western has like 10 accounts or whatever.

But that said....

I'm not sure I see the problem with his original post. He put forward a theory about Robin and Axl - I don't happen to agree with his theory - but he was discussing GNR - I came here from HTGTH because of the censorship - so i feel he should be allowed to put forward any kind of stupid theory about the band - and if it's bullshit then it will be shown to be such from the replies. Or did i miss something?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yes you missed something. He started flame baiting a member here, and then of course started insulting downliner. I'm all for the free speech mantra, but there are limits and when someone starts in on downliner, my fuse gets awfully short.

No one had any issues regarding his actual topic. Its all the bullshit that goes along with his topics.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ ok. Fair enough then smile

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

did otis buy 10 copies of cd as well???

Board footer