You are not logged in. Please register or login.

- Otis Western
 Rep: -1 

Re: Theory Or the Unspoken Truth?: Robin didn't leave the band amicably.

Whilel, I agree that 'King Penis' may have been unnecessary, I'm honestly surprised at just how sensitive some of you are to the name (King Dick). Especially, consideirng Axl has referred to himself as this. 16 Anyway since some mods seem to agree that aside from the nicknames used, the thread posed some valid questions, I figured we could give it another try without those names and me mentioning that a 20 yr old is a kid. Hope everyone's cool with that.

I honestly believe that Robin either left the band un-amicably, or was fired by Axl himself. Naturally, Axl wouldn't admit to either of these things, because both accusations would only further paint him the bad guy. The media would eat it up. 'Oh look, another guitar player left the band because he couldn't stand being around Axl's ass anymore.' Or perhaps a headline that reads: 'Axl Rose fires another guitar player for not doing his bidding.' Obviously, neither headline would help Axl efforts to go out and grab some cash this summer. Instead, it looks "friendlier" if Axl just gives us that "he'll always be a member of the guns family" jive.

IMO, Robin may have been offered a higher share of royalties by Axl just to keep his mouth shut. Let's face it, you couldn't blame Robin if he took the bait. It's not like there was any real demand for him to stay, nor will there be for him to ever come back. He doesn't need Axl. He's got a successful thing going being Trent's guitar player at the moment. And like most battered women, the 'leave with whatever you can get and go' mentality most likely would apply in this case as well.

Imagine if Robin would have spoken out about his decision to leave and basically re-iterated what the alumni (Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steve) had all said. That would have been a huge blow to Axl. Especially considering the guy was hand selected and put on the payroll by Axl himself. It's damning enough that 80% of the original alumni all told the same story, 2 employees (Gilby, Matt), and countless producers and execs. But members of Axl's hand selected "inner circle"? It would pretty much seal the deal that the last 80-100 fans on this earth would have to accept what the rest of the fanbase realized many, many moons ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was an obvious gamble for Robin, regardless of how it turned out.

"See ya next summer with a bunch of new songs(2001)"

"The tentative release date is June(2001)"

"It is THIS year(2006)"

When presented with a great opportunity from Trent, he likely envisioned those scenarios and figured he could record and tour with NIN, and by the time he came back to GNR the band would still be doing nothing. Thats exactly how it was the first time he went back to NIN.

Only one thing fucked up that plan.....

To the shock of the entire universe, Chinese Democracy was released months after he bailed. Finck was probably more shocked than the fan base. By that point he had made a long term commitment to NIN, and there's literally no way in hell he would burn his bridge to Trent. So even if Finck had wanted to go back to GNR in late 2008 to tour behind Chinese Democracy, it just wasn't feasible in his situation.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You see what you want to see Oti, simple as that.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

While I agree Robin was probably surprised, I don't think he could regret that decision when NIN is embarking on another summer of touring the US, then hitting other countries again. There seems to be no stop there, the NIN/JA tour is going to be big. While GnR still hasnt done anything. Robin hasn't missed the chance to be in videos, on talk shows, or playing big shows.

Until Guns tours the US playing mostly ChiDem material and sells better than NIN, Robin hasn't missed out.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

The "- Otis Western" account is now banned.

Use your other account "Otis Western-". I'd appreciate you explaining (in the Management section) the need to continually open new accounts when previous accounts are still open for you to use?

You have seven "Otis Western" aliases - see here.

You have five "BBA" aliases - see here

You also have the Incognito alias.

Pick one and use it.

I can't be fucked replying to your Robin comments again, we've all wasted enough time on you as it is.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He must have a notebook as thick as Rosanne Arnold's thighs just to keep track of all his aliases and passwords.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

roseanne's last name isn't arnold anymore mad

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

so  Otis Western is Incognito?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Theory or unspoken truth: Otis Western is an annoying, one-trick pony who has no life outside of adding negativity to a band site for which he is admittedly no longer a fan?

Other theories welcome.

downliner wrote:

The "- Otis Western" account is now banned.

Use your other account "Otis Western-". I'd appreciate you explaining (in the Management section) the need to continually open new accounts when previous accounts are still open for you to use?

You have seven "Otis Western" aliases - see here.

You have five "BBA" aliases - see here

You also have the Incognito alias.

Pick one and use it.

I can't be fucked replying to your Robin comments again, we've all wasted enough time on you as it is.

Sorry, Nancy. Didnt mean to waste your time. I can't comment on those other accounts that you speak of, but I can say that I've registered several times (under Otis) because I've been banned several times. I thought I was banned earlier today when I could no longer post in my thread. Then I realized that the thread had just been locked. Ban as you feel necessary, bro. Whatever makes you feel empowered.  16

Board footer