You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Is the Van Halen tour a lesson to Axl?

skippy wrote:

"IF" the VH/Guns tour rumors are true, I am believing that this would be Azoff's way of showing Axl how people who HATE each other can tour together.  With only monetary penalties as the way of keeping the peace.

Anyone who has seen the VH tour rider at smokinggun.com can read between the lines, as to what dressing rooms and persons should be kept apart at all times.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye … alen1.html

Perhaps, Eddie will give Axl a financial pep talk about how much money is to be made by inviting along former band members back as employees, which is what he has done with both Hagar, Michael Anthony and Roth at different times.

Control is maintained by the VH brothers (and son), and Roth is paid a salary.  Who would have ever thought VH would reunite and Roth wouldn't be talking shit into every microphone thrust into his face?

I also believe that Guns will get a strong negative reaction from the VH fans, which may or may not help Axl reconsider his position.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Uh, no.... No offense, dude, but you obviously haven't paid any attention to who Axl is over all these years. Nothing will make Axl change his position and God help the person who tries to teach him a lesson.

VH and GNR are 2 totally different animals. This is for dough. Nothing else. Azoff ain't sacrificing a red penny to teach Axl anything. I doubt there's some big scheme to all of this, other than wishful thinking hmm

But I do agree GNR will get a negative reaction from VH fans. It'll be a disaster.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I don't think $ is Axl's priority for doing bigger shows.  It has always been about the art and his recent quotes support that.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I don't think $ is Axl's priority for doing bigger shows.  It has always been about the art and his recent quotes support that.

I'm sorry, but... what???? Playing two AFD Tribute tours was about art? How? And he has hardly done anything in the past 15 years touring wise.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:
misterID wrote:

Uh, no.... No offense, dude, but you obviously haven't paid any attention to who Axl is over all these years. Nothing will make Axl change his position and God help the person who tries to teach him a lesson.

VH and GNR are 2 totally different animals. This is for dough. Nothing else. Azoff ain't sacrificing a red penny to teach Axl anything. I doubt there's some big scheme to all of this, other than wishful thinking hmm

But I do agree GNR will get a negative reaction from VH fans. It'll be a disaster.

No offense taken, just a thought. 

I wonder if they can put dressing rooms far enough apart for this one.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Who would Axl need to dress away from in the band?

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Axl probably needs someone to dress him physically.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Who would Axl need to dress away from in the band?

I think its being suggested that a reunion could occur and the band members just avoid the shit out of each other.

I'm not sure such an approach would work. Old gnr had amazing chemestry - and I think part of that came from the way they were basicly a gang. If axl and slash ever did play again, I want it to be because they've sorted out their shit, not cos they've found a way to do it while living in seperate worlds.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I wasn't aware DLR was a salaried employee, since he's the reason most people even give a shit about Eddie's band anymore.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I'm sorry, but... what???? Playing two AFD Tribute tours was about art? How? And he has hardly done anything in the past 15 years touring wise.

they also played several new and unreleased songs. 
in fact, i'm sure he fought the promoters to play more new stuff but, since gnr and axl aren't the only ones with anything at stake, he wasn't able to have it his way completely.

"not doing anything" for 15 years is void since he gets paid by "doing things" so it wasn't about the money as much as it wasn't about the art at a minimum there.

oh yeah, he dumped millions of dollars into an album that even he knew wasn't gonna sell more specifically because of these additions on top of additions, etc.

many people that know axl refer to him as a 'true artist.

some of you guys need to give him some credit when it is due to balance out all of the bad stuff that isn't always true but many always bring up.

Board footer