You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: Is Eminem even an option?

ereeper wrote:

I was reading somewhere about Eminem's new album.  Now I've never been a fan, but if there was an NWA/GN'R tour talked about at one time, than I wonder if an Eminem/GN'R tour could co-exist?  It would not be for the weak of heart and you've got very unpredictable acts going back to back.  The curiosity factor could generate ticket sales.  Maybe I'm just thinking out loud, but it is an interesting option.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

dont take it the wrong way but i hate Eminem big_smile

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I'm not a big fan either, but I don't see him and Axl as a big difference in their respective genres.

AtariLegend wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think "Gn'R" are big enough for this...

I don't think these are demographics that will be respecting each other either.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Eminem is one of the true great rap artists, and it'd be interesting to see an Axl/Em collaboration.

As far as a tour, ehh, I don't know.

Axl originally wanted NWA to open the GN'R-Metallica headline (before Nirvana I believe), and NWA was up for it, but it was Metallica who put a stop to it, really really hating rap at the time, specifically Hetfield.

An Em/GN'R tour would be difficult to manage because of a variety of reasons. 1) Eminem is a bigger name than GN'R, so he wouldn't open for them, 2) I don't know, in 2009, how many Eminem & Guns fans are in the same audience, most rap fans are there for rap, and most Guns fans are there for rock, and although the two genres can mix, I don't think so on a tour. 3) What happens of a co-headline exists. Would GN'R fans sit through Em's show to see Guns? Would Em fans sit through GN'R to see Em?

I think it'd be a very split crowd. Although rock n' rap has worked together before, we are MANY MANY years removed from the whole Public Enemy/Anthrax scene.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I'm not a big fan either, but I don't see him and Axl as a big difference in their respective genres.

i see them very diferent but im not gonna get political so...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Eminem is the Axl Rose of rap. If no one sees that, I don't know what to say. Very very similar lives and attitudes in the music business.

Hell even Em acknowledged it by parodying Axl on the MTV Movie Awards.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Oh my, I hope not!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'd prefer Eminem over Van Halen. Would prefer him over Metallica, or any other major rock act if I'm honest.

Doubt it'll ever happen but it would make an awesome show I reckon.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Eminem is the Axl Rose of rap. If no one sees that, I don't know what to say. Very very similar lives and attitudes in the music business.

Hell even Em acknowledged it by parodying Axl on the MTV Movie Awards.

Both mid-westerns with bad back rounds with family and social problems. Both have that don't give a fuck attitude and problems with women. Bot in their primes were magnets for controversy. The list goes on. As you said they are both real similar.

Board footer