You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: Is Eminem even an option?

ereeper wrote:

I thought the NWA tour was for the 91 tour, but Skid Row was booked instead.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

ereeper wrote:

I thought the NWA tour was for the 91 tour, but Skid Row was booked instead.

You're right, that's what he said on the Trunk interview.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

An Em/GN'R tour would be difficult to manage because of a variety of reasons. 1) Eminem is a bigger name than GN'R, so he wouldn't open for them, 2) I don't know, in 2009, how many Eminem & Guns fans are in the same audience, most rap fans are there for rap, and most Guns fans are there for rock, and although the two genres can mix, I don't think so on a tour. 3) What happens of a co-headline exists. Would GN'R fans sit through Em's show to see Guns? Would Em fans sit through GN'R to see Em?

I think that explains why it wouldn't happen. A song or collaboration, even a festival show yes. A tour together, no.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I don't think any of these reasons for why it would not work are valid until the price of the ticket is considered.

for $40.00 eminem is gonna sell tickets to rap fans who are gonna leave after eminem is done.

and

for $40.00 gnr is gonna sell tickets to the rock fans who are gonna drop an additional 40 in the bar downstairs while they wait for axl. 

put the two together and you have yourself quite the crowd on paper. add a hit single to the mix and you anoint a few new and young fans along the way .

who closes would not be a problem . most people would agree to let gnr close only because of axl's perference to perform late in exchange for eminem's name being listed on top on aall of the promo material. or something like that from the negoatiation room.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Eminem is the Axl Rose of rap. If no one sees that, I don't know what to say. Very very similar lives and attitudes in the music business.

Hell even Em acknowledged it by parodying Axl on the MTV Movie Awards.

Both mid-westerns with bad back rounds with family and social problems. Both have that don't give a fuck attitude and problems with women. Bot in their primes were magnets for controversy. The list goes on. As you said they are both real similar.

Both performed with Elton John in an effort to extend an olive branch to the homosexual community, which they both offended by homophobic slurs in their music.

Which has always kind of bothered me. Moby gives Eminem hell for years for what he said, but tries to produce CD with Axl? They're the same fuckin' guy and situation. 10

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It all comes down to if Axl found this funny:

104539__em_l.jpg

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i think he would find that funny. who wouldn't?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

i think he would find that funny. who wouldn't?

jarmo

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Fuck that, eminem attracks wannabe gangsters. I was at a festival in Glasgow when he co-headlined with Marilyn Manson. After Mansons set there was a serious crush at the front that I was caught in, many eminem "fans" though it was hilarious to crush the rockers. Eminems set was cut short because of more crushes and the typical Glasgow teenage thugs were stabbing people at random. My friend was bottled and beaten unconscious by a gang that kind of thing was happening all over as the day went on. Then the city gangs were clashing afterwards.
Trying to meet up with my freinds after the show in such a hostile atmosphere, with so many tooled up nutters was not much fun.

Naa, I dont care if it was the original GNR, I wouldnt go to another Eminem/rock act show.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

not gunna happen

Board footer