You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: If You Have Any Complaints About The Official Site

mitchejw wrote:

What's just as interesting to me are the topics discussed ten years ago...GN'R LIVE ERA, OH MY GOD...holy shit...has it been 10 years? I was a sophmore in high school....

where did it all go?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed Mitch, I think that's the real stickler on this whole thing.

It's been ten years. Sure doesn't feel like it. I think i've got Axl-syndrome - it feels more like 5. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no it feels like 10...maybe even 15 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

My first dealings with gnr online were at .44 Calibre Horticulture waaay back when, like when Finck joing the band was news....

http://www.44calibre.co.uk/gnr/gunsnroses.html

That site was the first one I ever visited on the net. It took me a while to find decent sites, wasnt very computer savvy, but I always remember going there the first time I ever ventured onto the internet.
I then visited mygnr for a while, they had lots of soundbites and audio which was what I was really looking for, as well as news of a new album. I lurked on their forum and htgth for a while and I first posted on the original newgnr.com, way before the merger.
That was a good site, I wasnt happy when it merged with gunsnroses.us, to make cd.com. I do actually remember another chinesedemocracy.com existing a few years before they used that name.
I pretty much emigrated to htgth after that merger, which was a good site back in the early 2000s. There was tonnes of info about what gnr had been up to over the years, a lot of it was new to me, and the forum seemed open to all fans.
Eventually I got sick fed up of the evergrowing twisted politics, hypocracy and general unpleasantness of the place and landed here.

I always wondered, what happened to RoV? I only occasionaly went there to lurk and always noticed the topics and content of the discussions were way different than the big forums.
I think I sought out RoV when I got sick of the censorship on other forums and found here instead.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Roses of Velvet went offline and the staff of that site managed to get in touch with downliner who generously offered up webspace so that we could carry on what we started there...after some unpleasantness we decided on a new name and gnrevolution was born

AtariLegend wrote:

I just realised some of those topics from the official board were archived as well...

Re: LIVE ERA `87 - `93 OUT NOW IN GERMANY CIWB  27-Nov-99  08:20 AM

Additional musicians:
Matt Sorum
Gilby Clarke

Haha. Axl cracks me up. He bought the band name, so I guess he can decide who was in the band and who wasn't. We all know that Gilby is a dick and brought Axl to court over some baseless lawsuit, but what did Matt do? A few weeks ago, Axl issued a press release that referred to ''former bandmember Duff McKagan'' and ''former employee Matt Sorum''. I laughed when I read that. Classic Axl. If anyone thinks that he was lost his edge or mellowed in the past eight years since the last album, this (along with OMG) should help prove otherwise.

How things change... 14

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, it didn't last long. Shortly after that whole Live Era thing, when Axl performed impromptu with the Starfuckers in 2000, everyone started running wild that Gilby was rejoining Guns.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think in some ways the concept of it kind of bites him in the ass in the current.

In a way, Live Era acknowledges GN'R as all of the 'original' sourced band members, i.e. Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven & Dizzy (their first keyboardist), but looks at Matt & Gilby as hired Guns.

Which pretty much shows an acknowledgement from Axl to all those "this is a band" nutswingers, that everyone since 1990, excluding Dizzy, are 'employees', including anyone and everyone involved with new Guns.

Not that we didn't already know that, but it's pretty much a confirmation, just in case they start trying to play the "band" card like they did in 2001.

AtariLegend wrote:

-edit-

Nevermind....

Board footer