You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Richard Fortus in Guitar Hero: World Tour

monkeychow wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

For those who want to download it:

http://www.richardfortusonline.com/musi … _20mix.mp3

Thanks to gonella from HTGTH.

THANKS!!! 9

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

One thing I always liked about the guy is he always makes the Slash haters look like hypocrites. Slash is a media whore when he's on Guitar Hero, but when Fortus does it he's a guitar god. Slash is a sellout if he performs a song on stage with Fergie, but Fortus is awesome when he goes on tour with Rihanna.

Fortus, do yo thang....

Very true! That kinda thing drives me nuts. I'm quite a fan of fortus...not sure i'd elevate him to slash's level though, as slash is one of the most iconic guitarists of our era. But I dig fortus' style. Personally I like it when all of these dudes do stuff, the more music musicians make the better in my opinion! But yeah...it's pretty crazy the double standard that's applied huh!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The difference is obvious and quite simple, Slash is Slash, and Richard Fortus is Richard Fortus.  I think we can all agree that Slash is an icon and held in much higher regard.  And Richard Fortus is Richard Fortus.  That's why anything Slash does is scrutinized.  Most people could care less what Richard does.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Well yeah.

Slash is an icon. A legend. He's supposed to act a certain way, play a certain way and say the right things.

When he doesn't people get annoyed that the legend is playing with Fergie. It destroys their image of him.

If Richard Fortus does it? Who cares, he always did anyway. Why start being annoyed about it now? Fortus and Slash comes from very different pathways in musical careers.

But James do have a point.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

The difference is obvious and quite simple, Slash is Slash, and Richard Fortus is Richard Fortus.  I think we can all agree that Slash is an icon and held in much higher regard.  And Richard Fortus is Richard Fortus.  That's why anything Slash does is scrutinized.  Most people could care less what Richard does.

We're not talking about "most people". I know that nobody in the general public knows or cares who he is. I'm talking about hardcores shitting on Slash for things he does then a week later Fortus does similar things which get praised.

Why start being annoyed about it now?

I'm not annoyed about it. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We're not talking about "most people". I know that nobody in the general public knows or cares who he is. I'm talking about hardcores shitting on Slash for things he does then a week later Fortus does similar things which get praised.

What it comes down to is that Axl hates slash for personal reasons. Axl is friends with Richard.  Axl is an enigmatic interesting famous person of the kind people like to follow. So people want to do as he does, and thus hate slash and like richard. Unfortunately, While Axl has own personal experiences, and thus legitimate reasons to feel the way he does about these people, the fans do not. So they're left trying to cook up justifications and reasons for them to be able to exhibit the same behaviour themselves.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Where is the evidence that supports Axl being friends with Richard?

Everything I see supports Richard being a hired touring/session guitarist.

Now with Paul... yes.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Why start being annoyed about it now?

I'm not annoyed about it. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Well in a relative sense, there's no comparison between Slash and Fortus.  Between the general public or hardcore GNR fans.  Maybe you'lll come across a few diehard Fortus fans, but aside from that anything Slash does is gonna get a lot more exposure, good and bad, than anything Richard does.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Where is the evidence that supports Axl being friends with Richard?
Everything I see supports Richard being a hired touring/session guitarist.

Hmmm...I guess I phrased that badly...I ment Axl has a functioning civil relationship with richard....yes...richard is an employee or whatever...but he and Axl are apparently on friendly terms within that context hense his continuing involvement with GNR. Otherwise he'd be fired ala Gilby, Matt.

This can be contrasted to the Axl - Slash relationship where, and I'm too lazy to go get the exact quote..but Axl said he'll never play with slash again unless he's tricked into it, and then if that happens there will be trouble.

But I stand by my point - which is....Axl has his own reasons to like or dislike these people because he has known them all personally. Fans are drawn to Axl...and some want to like or dislike the same things Axl likes or dislikes just to feel closer to him or feel they are supportave or part of GNR. ..But unlike Axl...the fans don't have a personal relationship with Slash/Richard....so they have to make up other reasons to like or dislike these people.....and those reasons are often inconsistant as in this example given by james.

It's quite sad really. I'm fine with Axl hating Slash. That's between them...but it's lame that fans need to follow Axl to the extent that they will also develop anger toward a person they've never met or otherwise seek to endlessly discredit him. And that basicly has to be the reason.

Let me ask this - if the impossible occured...and Axl and Slash made up their dispute somehow - and became best buddies - if Slash was welcomed back into GNR with a massive fanfare and press release and all the bells and whistles - would the editorial position of HTGTH and the other sites remain? Do you think those posters would be posting the kinds of stuff they do? Hell...no....everything they post is designed for one purpose...to show how much they think the exact same thing as Axl. The day axl changes his mind, is the day all of those sheep do too.

Axl says that day will never come, but if it did, i'm sure that's what they'd do.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

HTGTH would be the spineless ball lickers they are, and would suddenly welcome Slash back, and not speak ill of him ever again, and would pretend it never happened.

They'd rewrite their history.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you. I don't get the whole people only liking who Axl's liking at the moment. They ran down Izzy & Matt until 2006, and suddenly they were cool again in their eyes. Now suddenly they're doing the same thing with Duff, ever since Axl said he'd be open to working with him again one day. These are also the same people that have been running down Bucket in the last several years, and now Robin.

It's beyond lame.

Board footer