You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Tommy Stinson Talks Democracy

Axlin16 wrote:

The sad thing buzz, is Axl doesn't view it that way. That's how crazy the situation is.

He looks at it as "there were members before Slash & Duff", and that GN'R really was Axl & Izzy. Thus the reason he's always kept the door open for Iz, even when Izzy was slamming him, and only recently has he lightened up on Duff.

Like you said, we all know the "original" lineup of Guns, was the first popularized version, i.e. the AFD/Lies band.

For Axl to have EVER made a comment like he did, just goes to show disillusion and rationalization. Like any fan of the old band is going to take those comments seriously, and i'm sure he meant them seriously when he said it. It was another Slash-bash interview, years before the recent ones.

EDIT: Here it is...

Rolling Stone 2000

W. Axl Rose wrote:

Asked whether he ever considered going under his own name instead of keeping the Guns N` Roses tag, Rose says; ''It is something I lived by before these guys were in it. And there were other people in Guns N` Roses before them, you know. I contemplated letting go of that, but it doesn't feel right in any way. I am not the person who chose to try to kill it and walk away.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

If he starts playing clubs and bars again for the pleasure of playing music, instead of using the name to headline festivals, I will believe he is keeping GNR alive for honourable reasons.

But apparantly its a "stadium tour" next,  isnt it 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
Neemo wrote:

isnt Ole Beich dead?

Yes, he is.

Beich died in 1991, drowning in Skt. Jørgens Lake in the center of Copenhagen, under uncertain circumstances, mostly people think it was suicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

GNR just hasn't been the same since Ole died.  Things just began to unravel.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh God... please don't tell me there's an LA Guns-GN'R faction.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Guns N Roses was exactly what it sounds like.....basically a merging of various remnants of LA Guns and Hollywood Rose(Roadcrew?).

It hasn't truly been GNR since Adler was fired, and its no surprise Izzy was so against his departure and said "nothing worked" when he was gone, and then he bailed. Then, it REALLY wasn't GNR.

Doesn't really matter what side the nutswingers or haters are on, the moment the AFD line up imploded the true essence of the band was gone.

Doesn't mean you still cant enjoy the music. Is the current line up of the week GNR? Sure, but in name only.

Funny how a Stinson interview turned into this(and yeah I realize I'm partially responsible for the thread hijack), and it shows he(or someone) needs to give a bit more detail instead of the same old song and dance. Were you asked to use specific bass tones on certain tracks? How was the basic recording in 97-99 different from the 2000-01 period? How do you feel about the bass being drowned in each subsequent mix? You are partly responsible for the track Riad, which eerily sounds like a Praxis outtake. How did that come about, and did you and Bucket work together on the song?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Board footer