You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: I gave my notice at work today

I was offered another job closer to my home town.  It's for slightly less money than I'm on now but I'm moving in with my Dad so I can pay him a nominal rent and live pretty cheaply I reckon.  My plan is to save some money over the next year and hopefully go to university in Sept 2010.  I'm still deliberating what I'd like to study but I have some time to give it more thought.

Since splitting from my husband, I've tried to stick in out down here but I basically have a job without a lot of prospects, there's few opportunities round here and I'm eating further and further into my overdraft each month.  I have no real friends or family down here and so I may as well go home and try to do something with my life while I have the opportunity.

So I'm sort of shitting myself but really excited at the same time. hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i wish you all the best LLL....You'll figure it all out, and just think of how close your dad and your little man will get big_smile

luckylittlelady

I hope I do figure it out, I feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't do.....something!  Just feel like I have a bit of a pointless existence at the moment.  Keep bouncing from one idea to the next, need to get some kind of focus.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Good luck LLL. Honestly it sounds like you are doing the right thing. it sounds like a drastic change, but you don't sound like you were very happy with where you were living & what you were doing for a living.

A big change will do you good. Don't worry about a little less pay, long term - it sounds like a better move.

AtariLegend wrote:

Best of luck to you LLL, hope it works out for you.

luckylittlelady

To be honest, it's only £300 per year less so it's negligable really.  My fear is that I'll get comfortable earning regular money and not having many outgoings and I'll end up not going to Uni.  I'd like to decide what it is I plan to actually do so I feel like I have something to aim for.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Comfortability will always be greater than financial success.

If you want to go to University, it may sound cliched, but you simply have to make it a priority as a "must do" no matter what.

I wish you the best...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

but you simply have to make it a priority as a "must do" no matter what.

unfortuately when kids are involved you gotta make them priority #1 above all else...even dreams

were yoiu thinking long distance schooling LLL? work a day job, put the kid to bed at night and when he's sleeping then ya dig out the books...my old man did that when i was a kid

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It still can be done, just like you pointed out. Night school, and the sort. It all depends on what she wants to do.

A Bachelor's degree is probably possible. A Master's or Doctorate is going to be far out of reach, and virtually impossible with her current lifepath. Just the way it is.

The bigger stuff you got to do early, and young.

Good luck.

I wish you all the best.

Board footer