You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: I gave my notice at work today

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

but you simply have to make it a priority as a "must do" no matter what.

unfortuately when kids are involved you gotta make them priority #1 above all else...even dreams

were yoiu thinking long distance schooling LLL? work a day job, put the kid to bed at night and when he's sleeping then ya dig out the books...my old man did that when i was a kid

No I'm planning on going full time.  I should still be able hold a part time job.  I do have a lot of support from my ex with my son and I'm only moving an hour and a half away, plus being close to my parents will help.  It'll be difficult but it's doable.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well hell yeah if you have the means to be a full time student and support yourself and your kid then i really dont see any other option but to go and get it done while you have that window of opportunity smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well with that being known, you're sitting pretty good (relatively speaking).

Best wishes 22

luckylittlelady

Well I have under a week to go at work and I move next weekend.  Am starting to slightly freak out now.  I have a lot of memories down here and I'm going to miss a lot of people.  I hope to God I'm doing the right thing :-\

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you'll do fine LLL smile

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah you're doing the right thing LLL. Starting a new life, with plenty of opportunities. You'l be fine & you'd be surprised, you'll still be you. I've worked a few different jobs, & while leaving each one I've missed ppl & friends & things, I've made new ones as well.

All the best, keep us posted too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sometimes change is majorly beneficial. I had a big change in my life a couple years ago, and it totally reinvigorated my interest in life.

Best of luck LLL

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I think you are making the right decision LLL.  You are going to be opening a whole new world of possibilities to yourself by making these changes. Good luck!

luckylittlelady

Thanks for your support everyone smile  I know deep down it's the right thing to do, I just keep flicking from being really excited to shitting my pants!

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
luckylittlelady wrote:

Thanks for your support everyone smile  I know deep down it's the right thing to do, I just keep flicking from being really excited to shitting my pants!

i know how that feels. today was my last day at my first workplace. i've been there for 4 and a half years. monday i'm going at my new job. i just hope i've made the right decision.

good luck to you and don't worry, it'll sort itself out in the end.

Board footer