You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Bumblefoot-'Barefoot' Acoustic EP sampler

James wrote:
strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Oooo this is awesome. Thanks James big_smile

and not to derail this thread this early but has anyone heard of the Bumblefoot album Lost Anthology? It's VERY grungey. You might like it James. Found it on iTunes last night.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Strat0 does that one have much shred?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

From What I've heard of it no. It's kinda like AIC played by bumble.

James

James wrote:

I have never hid my dislike of his solo material. Have I heard it all? No. I did hear what is typically considered his "holy grail" by his fans(Normal), and thought it was terrible.

However, I would never write off an artist like this completely from hearing such a small amount of work. That would be like hearing Monsters and Robots, writing off Bucket, and missing out on stuff you would like such as Colma, Population Override,etc.

Have actually been looking forward to some acoustic work by Ron. If he's ever gonna "sell" me on his material, this direction will do it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

James have you heard the song "Q Fever" from "The Adventures of Bumblefoot"? or "Rinderpest" from the same album? I'd be interested to know what you think of those....more of an experimental vibe on those...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ugh, why do guitar players think they can sing? I was going to this with an open mind, maybe hear some good acoustic stuff. It's like Eric Johnson when he sings. I just hate it.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ugh, why do guitar players think they can sing? I was going to this with an open mind, maybe hear some good acoustic stuff. It's like Eric Johnson when he sings. I just hate it.

Yeah thats my feelings as well, and added to the huge disappointment of Normal.

I don't like his voice. At all.

Its nothing against him. Just a personal taste. He's a really talented guitarist. Does some interesting work on CD, and even though I'm a Bucket nutswinger, some of his contributions improved the record. The album suffered a really bad mix causing his contributions to get a bad rap, and the best thing about this Rock Band release is that can be changed. 

James have you heard the song "Q Fever" from "The Adventures of Bumblefoot"? or "Rinderpest" from the same album? I'd be interested to know what you think of those....more of an experimental vibe on those...

Nope, but feel free to hook a brotha up...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of his voice either.  At least not in a lead vocal sense.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I like his voice and i like abnormal too...he's got some stuff on abnormal that is even better than Normal

Board footer