You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Mist (SPOILERS)

James wrote:

Who's gonna go watch this? It comes out in theaters this week. I am psyched for this. Wanted to see a film of this King story since I read it as a kid. Definitely one of his greatest stories ever. Gives off the perfect doomsday vibe.

I was gonna go watch Saw 4 this week, but I remembered this is coming out. I think I'll download Saw and just watch this in theaters instead, or maybe watch both if the times don't conflict.

I hope this kicks major ass, because these same people behind this are gonna tackle one of King's other masterpieces next, The Long Walk. Most people don't know this, but The Long Walk is pretty much the birth of the reality genre, and King wrote the story in the 70's. Way ahead of its time.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

It looks really cool. I may not be able to go see it at the movies this time, but I will at least definatly rent it when it comes out. Looks cool as hell.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This is my favorite short story by King followed by The Long Walk (good call James) and Survivor Type.  I hope the big screen does this excellent story justice.  Hopefully I'll be able to catch this one over the weekend.

Oh I am definitely going see this.

My friend went to the red carpet premiere of this in NYC he saw Stephen King and all the stars that were in it.   He said the movie was excellent!

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

If anyone's interested in the rather good audiobook on The Mist, it can be found here. The trick is, it was recorded with the Kunstkopf method (aka synthetic head), which allows the recorded sounds to emulate real-life acoustics when listened with headphones.

I guess I'll check this out. I've been looking forward to Darabont abandoning all pretentions and getting back to the genre that got him established in the first place.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I'll watch this certainly.  I can't wait for the Long Walk.  That book had me enthralled.

James

James wrote:

I haven't read spoilers, but I did read where the ending is different from the novella, and King said he wished he had thought of this new ending because he would have used it.

That definitely has me intrigued. Normally I would be bitching about changes like that, especially considering the creepy ending and how it was left open.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I saw the previews for this and wanted to see it.

I have no knowledge of the book at all, and I think I'll enjoy it more that way.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
sic. wrote:

If anyone's interested in the rather good audiobook on The Mist, it can be found here. The trick is, it was recorded with the Kunstkopf method (aka synthetic head), which allows the recorded sounds to emulate real-life acoustics when listened with headphones.

I have this and recommend it highly.  The audio is top notch as well is the acting.  I listened to it on my headphones during a rainy day that happened to have a touch of fog, perfect setting.  I would love to see King's IT get the same type of treatment.  Of course they would have to put it on like 100 cds.

Jameslofton wrote:

I haven't read spoilers, but I did read where the ending is different from the novella, and King said he wished he had thought of this new ending because he would have used it.

That definitely has me intrigued. Normally I would be bitching about changes like that, especially considering the creepy ending and how it was left open.

I didn't know about this, this IS intriguing.  I loved the whole novella and I thought the ending worked.  Very curious as to what King found to be superior to the original's ending.

James

James wrote:

This is getting incredible reviews. Gonna go watch it Wednesday. Can't put it off any longer. Another film I HAVE to see is No Country for Old Men. That film is blowing minds.

I'm just gonna download Saw 4 and watch it on my comp. With two potential masterpieces in theaters at the same time, I'll just watch Jigsaw bullshit free of charge.

Board footer