You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: The Mist (SPOILERS)

Gunslinger wrote:

I didn't get to see it this last weekend but hope to this coming weekend.  Glad to hear the reviews are good, I (we) have waited YEARS for this to come to screen.  I also am interested in No Country for Old Men as well James.  Been awhile since I actually saw two good movies playing at the same time at the theater.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

There doesn't seem to be a UK release date for this yet sad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I cant believe I put this off another week. Damn. I have really gotten out of the habit of going to the theaters. I just checked my local theater, and it has survived another week. I have to go watch it this week because it will most likely drop out of theaters next Friday.

I'll aim for this coming Wednesday again. I would go tomorrow but I cant. Football is on.

James

James wrote:
luckylittlelady wrote:

There doesn't seem to be a UK release date for this yet sad

It really sucks how you people in Europe have to wait months for movies to be released after they come here.

I guess you could always download it, although its not the same experience.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

I missed it again too.  I just haven't had the free time that I'm willing to sacrifice to go to a theater to watch it yet.  Hopefully this weekend, the featurettes I've seen on it look incredible.  I'm really looking forward to this movie, moreso than any since the remake of Halloween.  I'd like to see that "I Am Legend" as well.

Gunslinger wrote:

I missed it again too.  I just haven't had the free time that I'm willing to sacrifice to go to a theater to watch it yet.  Hopefully this weekend, the featurettes I've seen on it look incredible.  I'm really looking forward to this movie, moreso than any since the remake of Halloween.  I'd like to see that "I Am Legend" as well.

I feel exactly like this.   I just don't have the time to see this right now and I totally want to see "I am Legend"   I wonder if any of that movie took from that book 2012 that was written by scientists that the end of world will happen 12/21 2012.

I am supposed to go to the movies with my niece and nephew on 12/14 but she can't see horror movies 17

James

James wrote:

Watched this last night. Its THE best Hollywood film this year.:mosh: Lived up to my expectations, which were very high. I can see why King wishes he had this revamped ending in his original story. A horrible and cruel twist of fate.

The film kicks ass from start to finish. My only issue were the weak CGI effects when the first monsters show up, but after that it runs on all cylinders.

I really cant wait to see this guy tackle The Long Walk.

This has me pumped, Saturday I am gonna see it, can't wait 9

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

Damn James, I guess I'm gonna have to go watch this bad boy after that review.  I'll have to catch a buzz first I guess...I fuckin' hate theaters!!!

James

James wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Damn James, I guess I'm gonna have to go watch this bad boy after that review.  I'll have to catch a buzz first I guess...I fuckin' hate theaters!!!

You don't have to worry about it being packed. There were only a few people in there. The film already dropped out of the top 10.

They picked bad timing to release this. This would have been a great summer flick. I have no idea why they decided to release it in the fall when less people go to theaters and Hollywood dumps all its shit at year's end.

Yeah, you and DTJ(and whoever else is interested) should definitely go watch it this week before its gone from theaters, or at least download it. Then we can talk about that ending, and how it changes your views on this King story. Alot of King's fans have a special place for that story, and for it to be altered even slightly does change the dynamics of the emotions created by reading the novella.

Sounds like I'm down on that ending. I'm not, but it definitely changes the desperation and overall malaise(not sure if thats really the right word to use, but you've read it so you know what I mean) of the story.

The new ending does pack a punch and is emotional, but on a different level. I can see why King liked it, but I can also see that he may have had hesitation in allowing it. You'll never be able to read that story again and feel the emotions you used to feel while reading it.

Other than the ending, the movie does stay true to the book. Well, an explanation for The Mist is given in the movie, and it was basically left open to speculation in the story, even though the Arrowhead project was mentioned in the book.

Board footer