You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

Axlin16 wrote:

Apparently it was also played at all of the 2001 HOB shows including the one at the beginning of the year, and the two at the end of the year, but only audio exists of the Jan. 1st show. It was never played 2002 on...

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Apparently it was also played at all of the 2001 HOB shows including the one at the beginning of the year, and the two at the end of the year, but only audio exists of the Jan. 1st show. It was never played 2002 on...

it was definitely played at the vegas shows. that's the version i constantly listen to.

from gnrontour.com

01.01.01 - House Of Blues, Las Vegas, NV
attendance: 1,800
soundcheck: Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain
set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, My Michelle, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Rhiad And The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Patience, The Blues, Nightrain
encore: Chicken Binge [Buckethead], Silkworms, Paradise City

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I always listen to the Rio III version.

supaplex

supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I always listen to the Rio III version.

that's nice too. but from rio i listen to silkworms, madagascar and the blues. and oh my god too. guess that's a lot 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty much. The new stuff is the only good stuff from Rio III. I sure ain't listening to the old stuff from that show.

I thought the band was MUCH tighter on the old stuff in the 2002 shows.

My Michelle is great too.

Buckethead's solo is fucking ace.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Axls WTTJ screams is insane, so is the last section of the song. There is quite a few old songs that are played well at RIR3. November Rain and Sweet Child were very good from what I remember, Axl sung them softer than he ever had but they were unique performances.

Riad has been a favourite of mine since the album came out, I thought the 01/01/01 bootleg version was interesting but not great. Silkworms is one of the worst songs I have heard in my life though, but the studio version might well be kickass.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

silkworms suffers from poor lyrics/vocals. a studio version would be much better.

supaplex

supaplex wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

silkworms suffers from poor lyrics/vocals. a studio version would be much better.

we've got poor lyrics in gnr songs since forever. i like the lyrics, they're kinda funny in a twisted way 16
poor vocals, maybe. that's why i still hope there's a studio version out there somewhere that'll see the light of day in my lifetime.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

a studio version will thave the same lyrics 16

i too think the lyrics are cool

Board footer