You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

buzzsaw wrote:

Not bullshit.  I was told that for years.  Now it's my turn.

What's good for the goose...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The fucking idolatry and chest-thumping in this thread is disgusting.

No wonder Coma's leaving.

Neemo, I think you're kissoff to him is rude and not becoming of this site.

I think some of you guys need to check yourselves.

I'm used to the negativity and shit, but this is an embarassing display by people I've come to respect here.

Seriously, guys, WTF? It's like we're proud to be running off people and acting all holier-than-thou.

Excuse me while I vomit.

Considering the fact the guy put a big_smile in the middle of his little rant, was it supposed to be taken seriously? No offense, but I scrolled right past it when I saw that. Over the years, I've seen people say they're leaving and they're logged back in 20 minutes later. Adding a smiley to a "I'm leaving" post doesn't really make me think the guy's leaving anytime soon. Now if he's serious and has some sort of issue with this community, post in the management section and he'll receive a different response than burying it amid posts dealing with a video.

I'm not "proud" of running anyone off. Everyone is welcome here. Having said that, I'm not gonna bend over backwards to make someone stay, and if they have some issue, address it in a different thread or send me a PM if a certain response is expected.

A good example is about a week ago I left one of the MIA sites because I got sick of some dip shit mod deleting my posts. I posted in a thread where the deletions had been happening that I was leaving, and I didn't use a big_smile in this message, and I didn't log in five minutes later to see if someone had responded to it. In fact, I still don't know if someone responded to it, nor do I care. Normally when leaving sites, you aren't looking for feedback on the "farewell post". Once someone starts looking for that feedback, they clearly aren't leaving.

People know how this site operates. He knew how it was when he first posted, and he knows it now. Has there been some change recently that I'm unaware of?

He has been treated well here. People have even helped him with downloads, lyrics,etc. If he feels he can find a friendlier community than this, I wish him all the luck in the world.

Sky Dog wrote:

down and out....the entire saga and everyone involved from the band right down to almost everyone that posts in this section.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It's BS, Buzz, because what you're saying is true is just your fucking opinion. Now you've got your little fan club here of followers marching lock-step. It's just a little much for me to be claiming victory of some perceived failure.

Opinions are like assholes, and you just have a bigger one than everyone else I suppose.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't lobby for a fan club.  It's not my fault that anybody wakes up one day to see the light.  It may be "just my fucking opinion", but it's one that few shared before and many share now.  I didn't cower, I didn't back off.  I had an opinion and stuck with it.  Why that makes me a bad guy now is beyond me.  I've had very, very few posts bragging about how right I was.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It's BS, Buzz, because what you're saying is true is just your fucking opinion. Now you've got your little fan club here of followers marching lock-step. It's just a little much for me to be claiming victory of some perceived failure.

I agree. it's all in the perception.

We got into this in another thread, but I see CD as a sucessful album compared to other modern bands because it was something like 14th highest selling worldwide last year. To me that's positive. To Buz it's a negative, and proves the band a failure. We agreed to disagree 16

So which of us is right? Both I supose..depending on how you look at it.

Anyone who takes a fixed stance will be right some of the time. Jarmo's 'positive' stance to new-gnr will be lead to correct outcomes sometimes, and Buz's 'negative' stance will also be right sometimes. Always answering 'yes' or always answering 'no' to a question will give you an amount of success over time.

Everyone knows GNR is an unusual band, and things run a bit differently to normal, but the only logical approach to me is to expect both good and bad things in the future, the same way we've had good and bad in the past.

AtariLegend wrote:

War all the time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not not saying your a bad buy rus, or buz...

Just that the negative side of things is only one side of the coin, just the way the positive side of things is.

My self I'm intetested to hear what DJ brings to the band, looking forward to a tour, and maybe one day in te future....another album.....

But I'm also expecting a lot pf problems, delays, changes... and other dramas.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The fucking idolatry and chest-thumping in this thread is disgusting.

People feel good when they're vindicated. I don't think anyone feels good about the situation, but we've all been proven right by inactivity. Other than an album being out, it's no different now than in years past.

I personally look back at Bucket as the smartest one of the bunch. He got off the train when the gettin' was good.

bigbri wrote:

No wonder Coma's leaving.

Who?

bigbri wrote:

Neemo, I think you're kissoff to him is rude and not becoming of this site.

James pretty much said it, but anyone that makes a scene out of leaving (not that Coma did), most mods/admins that spend their time maintaining a board do start to take it personally when you basically let them know the site is so bad, it's not worth sticking around for.

I also think Neemo was just kidding around, just like Coma's post came across as sarcastic.

bigbri wrote:

I think some of you guys need to check yourselves.

I agree. Start with your own mirror first. Just because people are ranting (you know, what Axl Rose is famous for), does not make them bad guys.

Bri you've stated time and again, how it's all about the music for you, which I totally respect, but others do like to complain, they do like to over-analyze, and they do like to rant. You don't.

That's why I don't understand why you even bother to enter threads with that theme, and secondly - comment. We already know you don't support it, you've said it time and again.

bigbri wrote:

I'm used to the negativity and shit, but this is an embarassing display by people I've come to respect here.

Last I checked, the Kool Aid is freshly made by the hour, and put on ice waiting for you over at the other boards. No offense.

bigbri wrote:

Seriously, guys, WTF? It's like we're proud to be running off people and acting all holier-than-thou.

Excuse me while I vomit.

We're bored. Any technical stuff about GN'R can be discussed in There Was A Time. This board is about a non-existent band. Unless those multi-trx leak or something, spamming the fuck out of it really isn't going to make much of a difference. There's nothing to talk about, so we're just beating off and seeing what comes out, and right now it's dry.

Board footer