You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

Olorin wrote:

Wont be long now till those Q&A replies anyway big_smile

Hope someone actually asked what happened with that pesky video.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

here's the deal, axlin08; you talk too much. most of what you say is horseshit. someday you will learn that 95% of what you say is completely wrong. THAT is a fact!

Considering the fact, that everything I have stated about the album's release and GNR's activity has been proven correct by their own actions... umm it kind of is fact. The stuff about DJ is true too. He's an employee. Just cause i'm not licking his balls doesn't mean it's not true. And also remember, I was the same one with an OPEN MIND, and supported DJ's addition to the band, and wished him the best of luck, as well as praised his website over GNR's themselves.

As far as 95% of what I say being wrong... that may be true in the case of GNR's inner workings. But just because I might talk to Axl one day in depth (in theory), doesn't mean that Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby, etc. will all have different opinions.

Just because Axl has his side of things doesn't mean he's correct. Doesn't mean it's wrong. It doesn't mean anything. It just means he has an opinion like I have one. And this is coming from a recovering Axlite, to this day, still believes Axl's side of things 90% of the time.

But to sit back, and say i'm completely wrong about calling out Axl & GN'R on the BUSINESS side of things, and just acknowledge how FUCKING AWFUL the band has been run from top to bottom for nearly the last 20 years, is something i'm perfectly entitled to do, I am CORRECT, and frankly i'm stunned that anybody argues it. You have to be blind, and have knee pads on, not to see it how I do.

Granted, that's just another 'stank asshole opinion' of mine. I am a bit crazy seeing all this GN'R stuff as a clusterfuck, because it's been a ROUSING success story. roll

buzzsaw wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

here's the deal, axlin08; you talk too much. most of what you say is horseshit. someday you will learn that 95% of what you say is completely wrong. THAT is a fact!

If it's a FACT, prove it.  Otherwise shut your fake insider mouth until you can.

I couldn't agree more. Not to mention contributes NOTHING to discussion & debate, and never has. It's like having the Mysteron of mashed potatoes, and no gravy. 22

russtcb wrote:

I think one thing to remember in all of this is that buzz has always maintained that he didn't want to be right about this stuff. I remember before the album came out that he and I used to argue about it constantly. He'd tell me that he didn't think anything big was going to happen after release and I ofcourse thought he was wrong. The thing is, I'd do the same thing folks are doing now "HEY! You're not a real GNR fan!" "Why do you even come here if you don't want them to succeed!" etc, blah blah blah. Every time buzz would tell me that it was just his opinion and he'd love for GNR to be successful but that he just didn't see it happening.

Well here we are and he's been proven right. Furthermore, what's important to me is what he's not doing. He's not gloating and posting in threads saying "I told you so" or coming down on people who thought otherwise like myself. So a couple of people are admitting in public that they feel he was/is right and he's getting ridiculed for it??? Someone help me understand that.

I want GNR to tour, be successful, put more music out, etc. But the fact is that for whatever reason; they're not. Who's fault is that? Are you mad a buzz for predicting it? And if so, how and why? For fucks sake. Has anyone hear ever heard the term "Don't kill the messenger"??? I'm certainly not happy that buzz was/is right but I'm sure as fuck not angry at him about it! I'm angry at everyone from Axl on down for this ridiculous excuse of a release.

Exactly. I never once saw Buzz say I told 'ya so, and I myself have gloated about being right myself, because I can be egotistical. And Buzz DIDN'T do it, and the damn guy had the baseball sitting on a tee, of opportunity, to turn around and do it, and smash our faces in it, and he didn't. I'm just turning around, like an honest person would, and admit that everything I bashed Buzz for, gave him 'negative' karma for, I am admitting like a man, that he was RIGHT. He called it right, I called it wrong, and sadly it was because I had faith in Axl, that it would be done right, and it wasn't. It wasn't. Plain and simple. I don't hate Axl, nor to I hate Buzz, I like them both, but i'm just admitting that Axl struck out at the plate, and Buzz got a double, and an RBI. THAT DAY.

Doesn't mean either of them will forever be on a hot and/or cold streak forever. Axl is not always wrong, and Buzz is not always right, and vice versa for me too, or you, or anyone else who contributes here. I felt I owed Buzz that much, because I really took it to him back in the fall. I felt I was doing the right thing, and even still Buzz has not been an asshole about it, he's almost acted sympathetic to it, because he knows that the only reason I, or anyone else, defended Axl and Guns like that, is out of love, NOT HATE. Not negativity, but POSITIVITY.

At times reading this thread, i've lost a little respect for some of the people here, not because of the negativity, but some of the people that have BLATANTLY come across in this thread BUTTSORE that BUZZ WAS RIGHT, and are now attacking him for it.

We'll if you want to attack someone for how you feel, take a little look to the to the top of the page. Blame that mother fucker... don't blame Buzzsaw because he saw the ravine ahead, and an unfinished train track. Blame the person that didn't complete the fuckin' bridge.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think alot of you guys are full of it.

When I think about it, I must be to you guys what "BringBackAdler" is to me.

I think as fans it's ridiculous alot of you aren't even trying to see some of it from the bands point of view. I know they have made alot of bad decisions, but when their is positive news, all you do is moan about it.

I preferred ROV before "Abbey Road" signed up. At least then you guys were willing to talk about the band, instead of going on about everything being a failure and a reunion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Probably because Axl exhausted the last straw of people looking at the glass as 'half full' in 2006.

After that, all bets were off.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think as fans it's ridiculous alot of you aren't even trying to see some of it from the bands point of view

Can you direct me to a place where 'the band' GNR 08/09 are collectively expressing a point of view so I can read/view it?

I know they have made alot of bad decisions

They? Please clarify which decisions they all made as a band.

, but when their is positive news, all you do is moan about it.

Are you Jarmo?
Show me where Buzz and Axlin moaned about good news. I don't believe I could ever accuse either person of rubbishing a GNR activity, when a good one actually went ahead as promised.

I think alot of you guys are full of it.

There is another site where blind devotion is always welcome. You'll never be challeneged there.

You and Paxcow can wander off hand in hand into the sunset and we'll just sit here and bitch and moan about the realities that we are presented with instead of pretending to know a huge fairy tale about Axl that will prove why GNR has to be like it is today
or
driving the argument that the band are really only gigantically misunderstood and just a tad unlucky when it comes to completing the basic tasks all other professional musicians worldwide appear to be completing with relative ease. 19

AtariLegend wrote:

If you think I'm reading that, you're wrong.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Who is "the band" and who are "they" that made bad decisions.  This is the Axl Rose show and nothing else
How many more lineup changes does there need to be to see this isnt a band, its a brand
Im quite bored of the whole thing now anyways, and I`m bored of the cd tbh, it wasnt as good as I expected, given a couple of tracks I still listen to I`m not sure where I go from here.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

If you think I'm reading that, you're wrong.

no problem, figured you'd struggle with it

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

As a life long GN'R fan i wanna throw my 2 cents into the ring.
This band will never be the monster it once was. The band has been like this for well over a decade so i really don't get why anyone can be negative at the situation, We've had this situation for years so to those who are so negative... why? Are you surprised that the band is doing the same thing its pretty much always been doing? I would understand if this behaviour from the band was a recent development but its not. This is the behaviour of the band for the past 15 odd years. So when you follow a band like this anything they do is a positive (in my opinion). I visit this site nearly everyday but i rarely post, but i have to say the constant negative comments i will never understand. I mean i don't mind anyone been negative but constant  negativity.

I am not trying to offend anyone and hope none of you  take it that way.

Not offended at all, and its good to see one of the lurkers weigh in on the subject. I think the perceived "negativity" is because none of this turned out like most expected. There's negativity at all these sites, and I am still baffled as to why this site is being targeted as a negative site.

I think as fans it's ridiculous alot of you aren't even trying to see some of it from the bands point of view. I know they have made alot of bad decisions, but when their is positive news, all you do is moan about it.

Only positive news in months is the Rock Band thing, and most of the people posting here were either looking forward to playing it or hearing the tracks. Only "negativity" that happens is when thread topics come up that have as much basis in reality as unicorns and leprechauns. You want people to be positive about a video that doesn't exist?

I preferred ROV before "Abbey Road" signed up.

14 If we had the same sig format as before, this line would go in it and never leave. You think a sporadic poster that signed up in 2007 had that big of an impact on the entire community to the point of you separating "eras" with him/her? Wow. No offense to Abbey Road of course.

going on about everything being a failure and a reunion.

There's a couple other sites you post at that do this much more often than we do, yet I don't see you calling those sites out on a regular basis. Why is that? Is it because you would get banned at those sites for doing such a thing on a regular basis?

When there's actual news to talk about, we discuss it. When someone brings up unicorns, those that don't believe in unicorns bitch about it.

Same as it ever was....

When I think about it, I must be to you guys what "BringBackAdler" is to me.

Nope. Here your posts and contributions are appreciated and its pretty safe to say you are well liked here. The sites you don't complain about is where you are a random and disposable cog in their machine.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@James Lofton
I was not reffering to THIS SITE been negative it was more directed at certain individuals who seem to me to be constantly negative. This is actually my fav guns site (obviously) wink So im sorry if you misunderstood me 22 .I just don't get the always grumpy thing. The way this band has been for so long, anything they give us is a plus.........oh and thats just my opinion lol. Like i said i rarely post im quite happy to just read all your opinions, its just slightly depressing hearing the same thing from the same people everytime i come here.

Board footer