You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Mixing "Guns N' Roses" LIve With Waves

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

They are a cover band when they play ANYTHING.

And as for CD...

Frank is covering material wrote by Brain, who's covering material written by Josh Freese. Richard is covering material originally recorded by Paul Tobias. Ron is covering material originally written by Buckethead. And now DJ is covering material originally done by Robin.

So NOW, they're a cover band, of a fucking cover band.

Check... and mate... that's all folks. 22

It's their band. They can play what they want. It's their music.

That's fine. They'll never be taken seriously.

Well that's one way to look at it

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

They are a cover band when they play ANYTHING.

And as for CD...

Frank is covering material wrote by Brain, who's covering material written by Josh Freese. Richard is covering material originally recorded by Paul Tobias. Ron is covering material originally written by Buckethead. And now DJ is covering material originally done by Robin.

Not sure I agree with that...Tobias may have originally written the songs with Axl - but I mean a song like "yesterdays" was written by Axl with West Arkeen and others...and we didn't consider Izzy to be 'covering' it.  Likewise a lot of slash's best work is songs where he is not technically the composer of the song.

I will grant that DJ is outright covering. But Richard and Bumble (and to a much lesser extent Frank) both recorded contributions to the album - in bumble's case some significant changes...so I think it's pretty legit for them to be doing CD songs.

Now when it comes to the AFD stuff...we'll sure...I'll agree on that level. But anyone who appears on the studio version of CD is legit for this band - sure there's a couple of faces missing...but still.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
PGER83 wrote:

Ya what I'm saying is that this guy (who has nothing to do with anything) says shit like this

"Due to copyright crap here, I also have a Google Group to post videos on."
"This was intended to be a channel to support GN'R but due to the limited number of studio recordings I can upload I am now just going to start supporting whatever I like."

then goes around getting other peoples vids pulled.
and people are running around saying "same old shit from the band" when they had nothing to do with it it was just this fucking prick.

Are you sure about that? I had no idea youtube was run like wikipedia. I know youtube will automatically yank vids that are uploaded, but I had no idea they let random dipshits make copyright claims.

More than likely this account is just named after Uzisuicide LLC.

IF what you are saying is true and random dipshits get to do this, then GNR need to be suing this clown into bankruptcy because GNR vids(mainly those of the 'new' era) get pulled all the time. Hell, live bootlegs get yanked, which we know aren't illegal. Its not fair to the new band to have all this stuff removed, so if its someone not associated with the band doing it, they should stop thinking about Slash for a few minutes and solve this more relevant problem.

I have always been puzzled by the band's approach to the youtube craze, and if Axl is that anti youtube, it should be addressed on the official site so fans will stop uploading GNR material on the format. The band has no clear cut stance on the issue. Anything old no matter what is allowed, but new shit gets removed, while some new shit gets to stay, and some that was removed pops back up and gets to stay.

It makes no sense on their side of the fence or ours.

there is no company named Uzi Suicidal LLC in the california business portal

there is however one called black frog, which is what i think uzi suicide got rolled into hmm i may be wrong though

there is a user by the name of uzisuicidal @ the official playstation community 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Someone either needs to contact youtube or GNR about this guy.

And Axlin.... Look at the CD reviews... There's a few people taking this band seriously 15

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I take this band seriously. But I feel that i'm biased as a fanboy. Maybe, everyone else feels the same way I do about Guns N' Roses going on and on, I dunno.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axlin, you are the WORST fanboy EVER!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody remember Major League?

I'm like the Randy Quaid of GN'R fans.

That's me at a concert. 16