You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Mixing "Guns N' Roses" LIve With Waves

AtariLegend wrote:

Guns N' Roses live FOH engineer Ken "Pooch" Van Druten talks about preparations for GNR's upcoming tour.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

So is this official now?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

That guy!

It's worrying when your sound engineer doesn't know the names of the band members. But it's good to get some concrete evidence that a tour is definetly in the works.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm sensing a wave of complaints approaching.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not from me...not yet at least.  This isn't news.  Not much to complain about.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Knowing GN'R - very likely. They fuck up alot.

As for the video, this is very cool to see the mixing on SCOM. "This guy, that other" was a bit funny. But I wouldn't expect a music professional, to know the baseball-sized team of Guns N' Roses members in the last ten years.

I noticed he mentioned '8' guys, plus Axl. Brain & Frank, second confirmation?

The tour being 'upcoming' is nothing new, nor is rehearsals. We've kind of known that, no positive, no negative. Hopefully they'll announce dates asap.

And the biggie of them all...

He didn't confirm anything, but like Linkin Park, if they are using this guy with the consideration of releasing all the live shows after they're done... 11 I got a major stiffie right now

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Umm, that sounded like New GNR version of Sweet Child O Mine at the beginning, the studio version. I havnt watched the whole thing yet, just saying incase it slips my mind. I think that was Brain drumming.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Oh right, watched the first video and its all about Sweet Child lol roll

Thats Brain on the skins for sure! Is that Richard now playing the solos? I wasnt impressed at all to be honest, even with that short clip I could hear someone struggling.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Great videos, thanks!

As far as I'm concerned GNR will tour this year. I cant see it happening until autumn/winter though, if venues were booked, word would have slipped out by now.

I cant see them releasing live shows though, well mabye some.
Axl seems a little self conscious about his singing, he rerecorded live era after all. Perhaps a few shows here and there might get released, shows that he fucking nails.

It was such a privilage to see him in Glasgow and his voice was on fire!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

There wasn't one complaint in this thread, although technically your post could be filed in the 'complaint' folder. tongue

Good to see this finally taking shape. If a summer tour is actually planned, these dates need to be announced very quickly because most artists with tour plans have already announced, and with this shitty economy, people are gonna be cherry picking which shows to go to.

Communication with the fan base would be greatly appreciated at a time like this. At least let people know the time frame to expect these shows. For example, lets say they wait a month or two to announce a Sac show that will take place end of August/early Sept. Well, I will be in Frisco at the end of August at that festival. Chances of me doing both are slim. If there's any chances of dates being announced for my area in that time frame, I would definitely hold back on buying tickets to that festival.

even with that short clip I could hear someone struggling.

14 Now that was funny.

Board footer