You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Mixing "Guns N' Roses" LIve With Waves

Is the video available for download anywhere?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

i've been able to play the sweet child solo note for note without mistakes since i was 14. yes, i have talent but i never could have come up with my own solo of that quality until years and years of practice later.

Make a video and send it to Axl.  I'm sure he'll need another guitarist at some point in the near future.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

i've been able to play the sweet child solo note for note without mistakes since i was 14. yes, i have talent but i never could have come up with my own solo of that quality until years and years of practice later.

Make a video and send it to Axl.  I'm sure he'll need another guitarist at some point in the near future.

nice

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

I really laugh when some fans berate the band for the engineer not specifically using the guitarists names. Are you kidding? He's an engineer. All he needs to know is what he said: where they are on stage. Stage left, right, far right, center, back. His job doesn't include having to know Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, and whatever DJ Ashba's real name is.

When you do a job and work with people you normally learn their name. If he's with them during these rehearsals which I'd assume he is for some of the time you'd expect him to know their names.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

At this point, i'd rather the new guys just do their own thing with the songs. I don't need a Slash copycat up there, because none of them have NEAR the talent to even bother.

copying equals talent?

i think it's the other way around.

Bucket is a good example. He did his own thing on the songs, and sounded better than Slash to me.

But the guy is like the most talented technical guitarist ever associated with Guns too.

I just don't need copies. If you have talent, you can kind of 'cover' the material, and make it just as good.

After all, this IS a cover band we're talking about, that just happens to have Axl Rose on vocals.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They've released their own stuff. They're not a cover band. That shit could pass in 2002, now it's just ridiculous, Axlin.

I say play the songs the way you want. You're in the band, do it your own way.

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

If #1 was Ron then why the hell didn't he play like that on the album? That sounded great.

Well there isn't really an equivilant song on the album I guess, also there was so much guitar already done on it, really by the time he added the solos he does, and a few rhythm textures here and there...I like his album contributions though.

Yeah... But I have to disagree with the way he played on Chinese Democracy and The Blues which his guitar sounds like a race car engine.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

They are a cover band when they play ANYTHING.

And as for CD...

Frank is covering material wrote by Brain, who's covering material written by Josh Freese. Richard is covering material originally recorded by Paul Tobias. Ron is covering material originally written by Buckethead. And now DJ is covering material originally done by Robin.

So NOW, they're a cover band, of a fucking cover band.

Check... and mate... that's all folks. 22

PGER83
 Rep: 5 

PGER83 wrote:

Posted by "Gunns5" on MyGNR

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UziSuicidalLLC

"Due to copyright crap here, I also have a Google Group to post videos on."
"This was intended to be a channel to support GN'R but due to the limited number of studio recordings I can upload I am now just going to start supporting whatever I like."

Age 20

From USA
..............................................................................................
Looks fake as hell to me, not someting from the band, or label.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Of course its fake one look at that channel is enough.

Board footer