You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The Howard Stern Thread

faldor wrote:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/howard_ … ewyorkpost

Howard Stern in talks to join 'America's Got Talent'

Howard Stern is in talks with NBC to become a judge on the network's talent competition show "America's Got Talent," people close to the situation said Thursday.

NBC and Stern are talking about a $15 million a year sum to do the job, which would put him on a judging table alongside Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne.

Stern, known for his outspoken style and sometimes lewd commentary on the radio, would serve as a judge on the show while continuing to host his radio show, which airs exclusively on subscription satellite radio service Sirius XM Radio.

The show is currently filmed on a CBS studio lot in Los Angeles but may relocate to New York for Stern, which would cost an additional $10 million.

The negotiations began after Piers Morgan quietly decided to vacate his judging role on the talent show after six years.

Morgan publicly acknowledged Wednesday evening that he was leaving "America's Got Talent" after this season to focus on his CNN show, "Piers Morgan Tonight," and covering news in the run-up to the 2012 US presidential election.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Getting on Idol would've been the bigger score.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Getting on Idol would've been the bigger score.

Probably, but he HATES Ryan Seacrest.  Not sure how that would've worked.  He gets along great with Sharon and Howie.  He's made fun of Nick Cannon a bunch so I guess that could be something to watch, but I think they'd be fine.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Who doesn't hate Seacrest.

Did you hear how he softballed that Momma Kardashian interview? What a fuckin' buttlicker.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Fair point, but Howard could potentially make Seacrest cry, which probably wouldn't be good for the show.

It would be interesting if this turns out to be true.  He always makes fun of how Nick Cannon talks on that show, like he tries to "black it up".  Maybe he'd lay off that a little bit, or maybe Nick would speak like a normal human being like I'm sure he's capable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Howard would make fun of Mariah Carey the first night and that Cannon dude would try to kill him.

Remember Howard and Mariah's war when she had the mental breakdown a few years back. That shit was friggin funny. Not as funny as the day he tried to storm Rosie O'Donnell's show, but damn close.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah he still makes fun of Mariah from time to time.  Nick has taken some jabs back at Howard on twitter calling him old and irrelevant and Howard actually didn't go nuts on him, aside from the usual "he will never be as good as me" stuff.  Nick then was in the Sirius studios one day and Baba Booey got him to sit in on The Wrap Up Show for a bit.  He said it hurt him when he heard Howard badmouthing him because he's such a fan.  He was somewhat understandable and agreed to "possibly" come on the show one day.  What better time, then if Howard is announced as the new judge?

And believe it or not, Howard and Rosie O'Donnell are friends these days.  They squashed their feud.  He softened on the Rosie hate when she came out of the closet.  I think that was his biggest problem with her, living a sheltered life.  She's been on the show a few times over the last few years and talked quite candidly about her sexual conquests.  Quite surprising to hear some of the stuff she shared.

I don't really get into all the "America's Got Talent"/"American Idol"/"Dancing With the Stars" talk on the Stern Show, but if Howard was to actually become a judge on one of those shows, I'd have to watch, for sure.

The last Rosie interview was pretty good. I was surprised how open she was about certain subjects.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah I hate all those shows too, but if Howard did get the gig I may have to give in and watch.  At least I could sort of stomach America's Got Talent.  Forget those other two shows.  Haven't listened to today's show yet but from reading on twitter they discussed the rumor.  Howard said that he was flattered but there was no deal at this time, or something to that effect.

For whatever reason, I get the impression that Howard turns down a lot of things these days. I remember something about him taking over the Barbara Walters specials. Then he mentioned in passing that he ended up telling them no. If you don't have access to Sirius, it's almost like the guy's disappeared.

Board footer