You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

monkeychow wrote:

Just thought I'd beg and plead as sometimes I think GNR lurk here....

I think they only did twat twice so far right? I know some people around wern't too happy about the NYC peformance....but that was just a warm up gig afterall...and I think the other show where they played it it was pretty impressive....

Listen to this MP3 of Ron playing the bucket solo..forget where...was it spain or soemthing? pretty killer imo....

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlyV … aFIzZUE9PQ

Am I alone in thinking that's pretty bad ass? Now that we have Chinese Democracy...i'd love a live show with a few of those tunes mixed in with the old favourites.....I think it could be pretty awesome. 3

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm sure they realise reading these boards, it's definitely one of the most popular songs on the album. It got a few great reviews during radio play here in the UK when the album came out too.

They definitely should have released it as a single.

...And Bumblefoots playing was fantastic during that Madrid gig solo.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Since it won our CD elimination here, I would imagine most would agree. The song being excluded wouldn't cause my panties to go into a bunch, but I'd definitely prefer to hear this song over some deep cut from AFD.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Oh yeah...i wouldn't get upset about it either...it was more that i happened to hear that boot of it today and realised how kickass it sounded...makes me think a lot of the CD songs could be pretty awesome live.....

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Play TWAT You Pussies!!!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Twat is probably my most skipped song, the outro is good but the first half is a bit of a let down and I dont think the lyrics are particuarly great either.
On the other hand I would definently like to hear all of Chinese Democracy live and less of the old bands material.

Any time they played twat in 06 it sounded under rehearsed to me, I was pleased to hear that they have been spending some time in rehearsals this year - I hope it was to perfect all the new songs for maximum impact when playing them live.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl can't sing the song. That's why they didn't play it too much, it was awful. I don't wanna hear any old song though, if a tour happens.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I'm sure Axl would like a bit more twat on tour too!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I don't wanna hear any old song though, if a tour happens.

Just how on Earth would that work?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody would show up if they didn't play the classics.  10% might show up to hear CD, the rest don't care.

Board footer