You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

So David Gimour's solo career is just a flop?

I think his entire career is a flop.  I don't care for anything he did, but it's impossible to argue that his solo career wasn't a flop compared to his group efforts.  Impossible.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Ok thanks, I understand you much better now.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

*yadda-yadda-yawn*

Mad and James put the nail in the coffin on this lame argument.

I can't agree with the original poster enough. Christ, Robin was awesome.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I thought the band did a good job with the song when they played it.  Ron covered Bucket's part pretty well.  I thought Axl was the weakest part, but I think performing it more regularly would cure that.  It's a damn tough song to pull off live vocally!  I give up in my car towards the end.  Those high notes are ridiculous.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When Robin is the highlight of a performance, you know is sucked major chimp.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

I thought the band did a good job with the song when they played it.  Ron covered Bucket's part pretty well.  I thought Axl was the weakest part, but I think performing it more regularly would cure that.  It's a damn tough song to pull off live vocally!  I give up in my car towards the end.  Those high notes are ridiculous.

Yeah. The other live performance, I think it was Spain, Axl was off at the beginning, but fuck he did those high notes and screams during the solos and end fantastically.

faldor

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah. The other live performance, I think it was Spain, Axl was off at the beginning, but fuck he did those high notes and screams during the solos and end fantastically.

Did he?  I've gotta give that one another listen.  It's floating around here somewhere I think.

Edit:  In this very thread, hence the reason it was started

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Amen.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Amen.

Well in Robin's defense, he did play "his" parts perfectly.  Ron was playing Bucket's parts after rehearsing for a few weeks or whatever.  Now it'd be time for DJ to take a stab at Robin's parts, whenever we get to hear that.

Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz, I'll leave it at this. I like the fact that he released the album, and I do like the album. Our opinions on music are pretty different and we will never agree on much in regards to what you like vs what I like. Yes, after the release of the record, everything else has pretty much sucked. I agree. I guess the main difference for me is I just don't care about whether the album sells well or whether it is played on the radio or whether or not some 15 year old pimple faced kid on the internet likes the record. I use to care about that stuff, but I just don't anymore. I like what I like and that is the end of the discussion. But, you continue to rip the album and the songs like you are the end all be all of what is good and what is not....that is just being an arrogant, narcissistic prick. Art is art and is ALWAYS open to intrepretation by the individual. I don't know why you can't admit that...:smile:

Board footer