You are not logged in. Please register or login.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

Re: Which CD track do you want the multitracks for the most?

drborken wrote:

so if the multitracks were to leak, which would you like to see most? i didnt include shacklers revenge in the poll as its already out there

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Catcher without the horrible guitar solos

drborken

drborken wrote:

ive just had an idea, give me a few minutes

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm going with scraped....love the song but there's so many layers of stuff going on that in places it trips out my ears and I can't make out who is doing what...i'd love to remix it.....although some of what i'm change will be undoable on rockband....like i'd love to bring up the backing vocals way higher at the end....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Chinese Democracy- Always loved this song, and you could almost make a new track out of it if you can isolate the vocal layers. Ron is killer on this song, but he needs to be toned down just a bit in the mix so Pitman can shine.

Catcher in the Rye- One of the worst mixes in the history of music. A child put Ron's guitar work on this track. Needs to be toned down or removed completely.

I.R.S.- Didn't like this song much until the skwerl leak. This song can be brought back to the beauty of that leak by removing Ron and bringing Tommy and Pitman back up in the mix. Tommy and also the sub bass kill on this track, and Pitman's 'No Quarter' type stuff that was previously heard on the track is too good to be buried just so we can hear  random noodling.

Madagascar- Get rid of those damn quotes. Not a huge fan of this track overall, but the quotes kill a beautiful Bucket solo.

While I didn't vote for it, I'd like to hear Better as well. This song needs its balls brought back. The initial 2006 leak was superb. Lower Pitman, get rid of Frank, and ditch that slide guitar that doesn't even fit.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Prostitute. There's so much stuff there I wanna play with

drborken

drborken wrote:

im playing around with CITR atm, recording a few things. i reckon i can get brian mays solo back into it without too much problem

EDIT: done it. its by no means perfect, but for a quick lets-see-if-this-will-work, its not too bad. the quality is alright, but i think if i redid it when i have more time i could get it sounding a lot better.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Catcher in the Rye- One of the worst mixes in the history of music. A child put Ron's guitar work on this track. Needs to be toned down or removed completely.

I like what ron plays on the track overall but I agree its WAY too loud in the mix. The original demo was very paino driven in the intro  and I felt that really set a vibe and pace for the song which i feel is a bit drowned out now.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Catcher in terribly mixed unmastered form from 99 is better than what ended up on the CD. That song could've been the best of the whole album, but instead it's just pretty good. It could be remixed into something way better, especially if those multi-tracks came with a special of May's solo.

Board footer